Chapter Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter Eight-

"Last time I ran into you, I couldn't fight because I had to protect my friends" Luffy grinned. "But now, oh, you guys are going to get it" he laughed.

"Are you an idiot or do you not know who you just attacked?" a man with dark skin and an afro frowned. "This isn't just some regular commoner—this is Wapol, the king of Drum Island!" he proclaimed.

"That's right, brat! Show some respect!" a second man snarled, his appearance much larger than the first guy. It didn't take much for them both to then get started in going on and on about their king, praising him and every little thing he's done.

"Who cares? He ticked me off again!" Luffy huffed in response to their praises of the man before childishly grabbing the ends of his cheeks and stretching them as far out while sticking his tongue out in the process.

"That's pretty disturbing to look at, not going to lie" I remarked, winced at the immense pain someone else would have felt if they were to try and mimic the same action he was doing. Truly, there was something off about watching the human body do things it was clearly not meant to do.

"So, I take it you ran into Wapol before, young man?" Kureha inquired as she placed one hand on her hip.

"Yeah, he's that annoying big mouth pirate we ran into!" Luffy angrily huffed.

"What did he do?" she curiously asked.

"He ate part of my ship!" he exclaimed as he now angrily stomped his feet around in the snow, a glare on his face as he talked to the older woman. "And then he attacked me and my friends and this guy has it coming and I'm going to give it to him!" he proclaimed, breathing ragged as a wide grin split its way across his face.

"Okay, but aren't you cold in that outfit?" Sanji suddenly asked as he took notice in how the captain was ill dressed for the current weather.

"Yeah, where's your coat?" I asked with the tilt of my head as I also became aware of the fact that he lacked any warm clothing.

"Huh?" he questioned, brows furrowing in confusion for a moment.

"You know? Cold?"

"You know? The thing that keeps you warm during this type of weather?"

"Hey, wait...did he just say king?" the captain slowly asked in sudden realization. "But I thought he was a pirate..." he mumbled, already looking to be lost in thought.

"Took you long enough!" Sanji snapped.

"That's honestly the first thing that came to his mind from those two questions?" I sweat dropped.

"Ha! So you're disrespectful and have wax in your ears!" the man with the afro laughed as his partner soon piped up and started to drone on about some sort of explanation and reasoning for his king's actions. I didn't really care that much to listen as it didn't really matter to me why someone of royal blood would go off and become a pirate.

"Wow...it's f-freezing out h-here" Luffy shuddered as he now began to rub at his exposed arms as if just finally becoming aware of the chilly air around us.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Sanji irritably asked.

"A bit dense there, aren't we?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, it's fifty below zero" Chopper frowned.

"I think they're ignoring us..." I heard the second guy bitterly mumble to his partner.

"You're awake, sir!" the man with the afro suddenly gasped as a very heavy man slowly stood up and growled in irritation.

"Is that Wapol?" I whispered as I leaned over towards Sanji.