Chapter One Hundred and Eighty [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Eighty-

"He's so confident! I love it!" I happily laughed with a clap as I watched the stand-off between the two captains.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that—why don't you take a good look around before you start spouting nonsense?!" Foxy snapped, motioning all around with a harsh glare.

"Here it comes!" Itomimizu excitedly announced as everyone in the crowd suddenly held up a ball identical to the dodgeballs that were being used in the match. "The All Directional Shift!" he proclaimed.

"Say your prayers, rubber boy!" Porche grinned.

"What are they doing now?" Usopp nervously asked.

"Hey, what's up with those balls, old man?" Sanji frowned. "That's got to be against the rules!"

"The rulebook clearly states that players can have as many fake balls as they like" Rokuroshi explained with a dismissive wave.

"You talk big, but you're just as bad as the last ref..." Usopp grumbled.

"What a shocker..." I muttered with the roll of my eyes.

"Damn! Unless we can get a ref of our own, we're never gonna see the end of this" Sanji scowled at the realization that no matter what, we were always going to have problems with the referees of these games due to them being part of Foxy's crew.

"Don't pay attention to those guys, Luffy! You and Foxy are the only ones with a real ball!" Nami shouted. "Just keep your eyes on him!" she instructed, knowing that as long as the rubber man didn't get distracted then he'd be good.

"Oh! How did she know?!" Foxy gasped.

"What's wrong with this guy?" Usopp frowned. "I'm starting to think his brain is split too" he huffed.

"Wouldn't surprise me if it was" I nodded as Foxy fell into a depressive state over the insults.

"Sorry, pal, looks like I'm going have to break your Mister What You McCall It thing" Luffy grinned as he stretched his arm as far back. "Here it goes" he said, prepared to throw his ball as hard as he could.

"Hello" Porche grinned as she quickly snatched the ball from Luffy's outstretched hand before he had a chance to retract it.

"Take this!" Luffy shouted, unaware of what had just happened as he shot his arm forward, causing Foxy to quickly cover his face in an attempt to protect himself.

"Oh my, where did this come from?" Porche innocently giggled as she showed off the dodgeball she had just stolen from Luffy once he finally became aware that there was nothing in his hand. "Better watch where you stretch those arms" she tsked, moving the ball behind her back and out of sight along with the rest of her crew who hid their own fake balls. "Come on, boys—let's shuffle!" she chirped.

"Shuffle Time!" the group chanted as they began to shuffle the balls behind their backs around to one another.

"This is bad! If he can't tell which ones are real and which ones are fake, he won't be able to dodge!" Nami cried in distress.

"With that many balls flying at him, it'll be impossible for him to dodge them all in the first place" I said, nervously nibbling on my lower lip. It didn't even matter in the end if he knew which ones were real and which were fake, with that many balls flying at him, he wouldn't be able to every single one.

"Alright, Mr. Smart Guy, do you know which balls are real now?" Foxy mockingly asked. "Better figure it out fast before they hit you!" he snickered.

"Shut up!" Luffy angrily snapped. "I'll just catch all of the balls, then it won't matter!" he declared, making it clear that he wasn't going to back down despite how bad things were now starting to look.