ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕖𝕕

It was still dark and snowy outside. The rays of the sun were still hidden, covered by the totally hostile darkness of the sky that would make everyone shrink because of the fierce quietness and the harsh cold weather piercing their skin. A darkness that seemed to also envelop the hearts and minds of those who had been awake from early in the morning. An absolute darkness, with no stars, no moon, nothing. Just like the pitch darkness and absolute silence of the death.

However, Jimin stood beside the minibus he was going to use for his next mission. His military uniform neatly wrapped around his muscular and slender body with the front of his black hair somewhat draped his forehead, making him flip it to the back occasionally. A badge with sapphire blue light emanating from it was hung around his neck, sending his leader's aura even more visible.

He and two members of his team were leaving this morning, expecting to get results after a few days ended with nothing. As the leader of Blueties, he blamed himself for what had happened before.

His eyes shifted to the male figure who was busy arranging medical kits to the box in front of him. The jaw was closed tight but the frown, the gloomy eyes, and the sluggish moves made Jimin couldn't hold back his pity towards this boy. He knew exactly what was on the boy's mind.

He exhaled deeply as he walked towards the boy just to grab him by shoulders full of tenderness. Looking intently into the boy's eyes, Jimin gave him a reassuring smile. "Kook, he's going to be fine, trust me. He's one of the best Blueties I've ever met, and he's well trained."

Even though his face was still gloomy, the younger named Jungkook managed to nod.

"I know your concern for him, but you gotta calm your ass down if you don't wanna mess this mission up," Jimin intensified as he searched for Jungkook's eyes.

"Yeah, Serge. I'm sorry, I just..." Jungkook trailed off in his hoarse voice, shaking his head in an attempt to gain his focus.

"You just?" Jimin finally locked his gaze with him as he raised an eyebrow.

"Nevermind, Serge. I'll try to focus on this mission, don't worry." Jungkook failed to put on a smile. He turned his face away, trying to avoid Jimin's concerned and pity gaze.

Jimin sighed. "Hey, I'm also your hyung, Kook. No need to be so formal, you know we're all brothers, right?"

Jungkook lifted his face to meet eyes with the smiling Jimin. He looked into the soothing eyes of his sergeant. That figure squeezed his shoulders gently while keeping the smile that could somehow ease his anxious mind.

Slowly, the gloomy face changed into a calm one and a smile began to creep across Jungkook's face upon hearing what the sergeant said.

"Just chill... We got this, hm?" Jimin said, ruffling Jungkook's hair before walking away.

Jungkook nodded, relief fell over his face. 'The Jimin effect', he thought. Jimin's calm and authoritative countenance plus his soothing words always worked.

"Yeah, Kook, I like it better," Jimin glanced at Jungkook, his hand pushed the bus door open.

"Now, get your ass up here, kid, and help me with this shit!" He nodded toward a pile of bags on the floor.

With a more cheerful mood, Jungkook rose from his position and went to Jimin. They started picking the bags and putting them on the bus. This mission would take them more than a day, so it was better to prepare everything well for their own safety.