𝕊𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℝ𝕖𝕕𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕡𝕥.1

WARNING!!!!

There're some mature contents in this chapter; violence, explicit murder scenes, mention of cannibalism, a lot of blood, and strong language.

I've warned you, read at your own risk!!!

_________________________________________

The bus had been driving for almost half a day, getting closer to their destination: The east side of camp one, about two hours drive.

The sky was still cloudy. Though without lightning, it didn't eliminate the tense atmosphere present among the bus passengers who were all lost in their thoughts.

Everything was so piercing: The cold weather, the awkwardness, the stares from each other, even the sound of the bus engine. It was as if the world was conspiring to raise the level of anxiety in everyone's heart and mind.

Including Jungkook's. He was not scared. It was certainly not that. At least, that was what he tried to tell himself—that he had been involved in worse missions before, dozens of times. But he just couldn't prevent the uneasiness from emerging in the deepest recesses of his heart.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat for an umpteenth time, his eyes wandering as his leg shook nonstop. The furrows on his forehead and the deep breath he took made it clear that he was nervous.

'Everything is well planned. Correction, perfectly planned. Nothing will happen beyond calculation,' he kept repeating, reassuring himself that everything would be fine.

*

"Set the timer on your device, remind us if our time is running out. Always check the weather. Watch the beast's movement. Make sure no one's approaching within enough range. We can't take risks," Jimin ordered Hoseok, staring intently at him with his arms folded across his chest.

"Jungkook, Namjoon, Tae! You guys come with me to this area." Unfolding his arms, he pointed to a certain spot on the screen of the Bevice, zooming in several times. "Then we split up at this point to find the target," he continued, gliding his finger to another spot on the screen.

"Fifteen minutes." He lifted his face and locked eyes with his members. "If we still don't find her within that time, return to the meeting point. Stop all the activities if Hoseok asks us to retreat, especially if the reason is code one,"

"Horde of beasts, or rain disaster!" Everyone said out loud in unison.

"Right!" Jimin nodded once sternly. "That's an order. Got it, Blueties?" He eyed them one by one, making everyone nod without a second thought.

"Yes, Serge!!"

"Hoseok, Heize," Jimin called out, swiveling to his left and moving the Bevice in front of them, "put the car at this point. It has access to all directions. Everything can happen later. This will make it easier for us to run away if we're all surrounded."

Resting his weight on one leg, he pulled his fingers away from the screen. "And one more thing. Always be ready with the engine, okay? We'll listen to your directions, Hoseok. We trust you." He leaned forward, "you got me?"

"Yes, Serge!"

"Okay! Joon, bring Betraps number three and five. Prepare all weapons we're gonna use later." Namjoon nodded as he raised from his seat, heading to the weapon boxes at the back.