Chapter 4

You had just finished up your accidental trip to 1955 were you all hard to stop Krasco, from alternating the time stream. He was trying to prevent Rosa Parks from being arrested when she refused to move from her seat. You had sat across from the Doctor on the bus as she told you guys not to leave, because there weren't enough people.

You were hurt and sad, but the worst of all was the haunted look in her as you could tell she was holding back tears. As Graham looked mortified by these words, his Wife, and Step Grandson were both black. You could tell as you looked around at each and every one of them that it hurt them dearly to sit there and allow that to happen.

But now here you were, with everyone else back on the TARDIS.. Holding on to the console for dear life as the the time ship careens through the Vortex homing to find it right mark, in the right time period. It really didn’t help that you had an unnatural problem with your hands sweating at the wrong time, it has gotten you killed once or twice as you dangled from a roof or higher location.

But when your last finger slipped from the bar you were holding as you tried to keep your balance, as the Doctor danced around the Console flipping switches, turning knobs, and pushing buttons. You finally lost your balance as the TARDIS began to rock from side to side, sending you to a sprawled out position on the floor.. Maybe it was safer down here anyways.

“Nearly there!” The Doctor said as she turned a knob.

Graham looked down at you then back to the Doctor who didn’t seem to notice as she tried to get the controls right.

“Are you sure you got this under control?” he said sounding skeptical.

“Totally. Just new systems. Just running them in.” The Doctor said as she reached across the console for a switch, her face was done up in concentration.

You watched from the floor as the other three clung to the console for dear life as it seemed to have gotten rougher, causing you to slid a bit across the floor. You looked kind of amused as before you fell off the small platform the Console was positioned on, causing you to yelp when you hit. 

“You alright down there love?” You heard Graham call over his shoulder, having seen you topple over the side.

“Peachy.” You called back as you sat up a bit, groaning.

“Peaches, I love peaches.. We should get some peaches.” The Doctor said as she pressed the final button.
The Tardis gave a final wheeze as you were knocked over again as the Blue Box finally landed, hitting it's mark. You groaned again as you glared at the roof, knowing it wasn’t the TARDIS or The Doctors fault you were lying sprawled across the floor.. You were just glad you didn’t get anywhere near the Deadly Hexagons.

You tilted your head as you watched the others leave, leaving you on the floor still. Your lip moved to a small pout before the Doctor’s face came into view.

“What are you doing all the way over here?” She asked, a small tinge of concern on her face.

“I decided I wanted to Nap while we were moving through the time vortex.. “ You said you couldn’t help the smile that moved the corners of your mouth upwards.

“The console room floor is not a place for a nap.. Let’s get you up shall we.” The Doctor extended her hand as you placed yours in it, and she tugged you right to your feet.

“So you are still thinking about peaches?” you asked to distract her.

“Oh! Yes! Peaches, we need to get peaches.. What if I don’t like them anymore?” The Doctor seemed to pout at that Idea.

“It’s ok, we can get one to see if you like it, if you do we’ll get more.. If not, no need to worry. Right.” You said as you pulled her towards the door, where the other three had been watching the whole thing unfold.