The Adventure Begins

Climbing up the ladders and travelling up in the lift, the Octonauts quickly hurried to the Octopod's HQ.

"Octonauts!" Barnacles declared, whilst Kwazii held the letter in his paw. "We have a special mission ahead of us. Kwazii has found a rock with writing carved in an ancient language called Aulornan, and he has also deciphered a letter which fell out of one of Inkling's books - a call for help coming from somewhere called Aeseganora. Our mission is to go to Aeseganora find out what is happening there, and do all we can to save it!"

"But how will we find this 'Aeseganora'?" Kwazii asked Barnacles, not knowing what this place was, or where it was. None of the crew knew what or where this place was either.

"Hmmm... that's a good question!" Inkling said, before pulling out his Mysterious Places guide from a secret compartment in his chair.

"Hmmm... let me see... of course! This ancient map should reveal the answer to its whereabouts!"

Dashi took the map and looked at it before going to the computer. "Hmmm... interesting," she muttered. "I'll try to match it with the maps on our computer, Captain!"

Dashi switched between maps until she found one which matched the map Inkling had, except for one thing - she couldn't see the word "Aeseganora" anywhere on the computer's map.

"Got it!" she said. "But I can't see the word "Aeseganora" anywhere!"

"Aye, me hearties," Kwazii began, stepping forward. "It can only be found on a secret map, as secret maps help you get to places you didn't know were there!"

"So, the map Inkling has must be a secret map!" Shellington said.

"Precisely!" Kwazii said smiling.

"Excellent!" Barnacles said. "If we leave here now, we should be able to get there in two days. Dashi, set a course for Aeseganora, and launch the Octopod now!"

"Already on it, Captain!" Dashi responded, before setting Aeseganora as their destination on the computer, and launching the Octopod.

"Octonauts, to Aeseganora!" Barnacles declared.

And so, with their ship sailing forward, their journey began.

****************

The Octopod travelled under the waves for quite a long time, casting gentle ripples in its wake, going past huge coral reefs, narrowly avoiding a giant whirlpool, and fighting its way through a jellyfish bloom, until it arrived at the Midnight Zone, before travelling to the entrance to what seemed like a cave.

"Octonauts, we've arrived... at a cave." Barnacles said, with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Captain, are you sure you want us to go through this cave?" Dashi asked. The crew knew that Barnacles wasn't the biggest fan of tight spaces since the time he was stuck in an ice cave as a Polar Scout, and they didn't want him to get overwhelmed with the journey through the cave.

"I'm sure, Dashi," Barnacles said, taking a deep breath. "I'm quite sure."

"OK, Captain," Kwazii said. "Let's go for it, whenever you're ready!"

Barnacles closed his eyes and took another few deep breaths. Let's do this, he bravely thought to himself, as the Octopod entered the cave.

The polar bear's insides were churning with fear as he steered the ship around the turns & corners of the cave. He still hadn't gotten over that event. Well, not yet anyway. He still had a long way to go.

The Octopod silently glided through the cave past some large stalactites and stalagmites. The Octonauts kept seeing that the cave had split into many paths, none of which were different from the other.