The Calico Sword - Part I

Kwazii walked through the dense, dark trees. He was very curious about what lied within, however, at the same time, he couldn't shake this nasty feeling inside him that he was being watched.

Back in his pirate days, he always followed one of his grandfather's old maps whenever he was trying to find treasure. He always quickly avoided and dodged every single obstacle and sea monster that lived in shipwrecks until he found X marks the spot.

However, this time, he didn't have a map, therefore he wasn't sure what obstacles may lay ahead of him. That made him feel slightly nervous.

If only me Granddad was here, he thought to himself. He would know what may or may not lay ahead.

He didn't look where he was going, and he almost fell off a cliff's edge before he got himself back on his feet steadily. But he was stunned by what was in front of his eyes.

Far ahead, sitting on the water, was a ship.

A pirate ship, no less.

As soon as he saw it, Kwazii felt something vibrating in his tail, and he quickly realised that his Gate was starting to glow faintly - he was clearly getting close to one of the treasures, or getting close to a clue as to where they were, at the very least.

How in the seven seas can an Ocalihallan treasure be in the middle of the seas that this ship sails upon? He asked himself. The hunt for pirate's treasure in Aeseganora was clearly a lot more complicated than one conducted by a normal pirate crew. 

However, he knew he needed to find it somehow, so immediately, he jumped down to the beach from the cliff's edge and ran straight towards the sea - he'd decided to search for the treasure on that pirate ship he saw first.

****************

On board the ship, a young tuxedo pirate cat was polishing the steering wheel whilst whistling a shanty, which greatly annoyed an older pirate, a Siamese cat, who was controlling the wheel.

"Oi oi oi, ye'll have us crash into something, Archie!" the Siamese cat said.

"Sorry, Captain," said Archie, the young tuxedo cat, nervously. "Ye do know that the wheel's cleanliness has gotta be maintained somewhat."

Felix gave him a menacing look which seemed to warned him to keep away. Archie did just that, moving down from the poop deck to the main deck so he could polish the railings.

Once Archie had completed his polishing duties, he stopped to look out at the beautiful views of the wide seas and continued his shanty from where he left off.

He got distracted and looked downwards, and saw something which made him pause his whistling practice - it seemed to look like a ginger cat (who, of course, was Kwazii, who had only just arrived at the ship after what seemed like forever) floating in the seas.

"There's a cat in the water!" Archie announced, the moment he saw Kwazii floating in the waters. "I repeat, there's a cat in the water!"

A soaking wet Kwazii looked up, and Archie's eyes met his, with something prickling under Archie's skin as he gave him a beaming smile.

"Oh my!" Archie said, noticing the Octonauts' hat. "That's a very eye-catching hat!"

Kwazii gave him a look which said Don't even get me started about who I am and where I come from.

"Just give me a paw!" he panted, as he clutched onto a broken mast. 

A few moments later, a rope ladder unfurled from high above him. His eyes goggled, and his face turned into the kind you'd expect from somebody who'd just noticed a football-sized moon in the sky.