Imprisoned

TW: Anxiety and panic attack

"Well, you were all a sight for sore eyes!" a Scottish female voice piped up, and Vivi and Gary stepped aside to make room for its owner - Patricia.

"Patricia!" Dashi gasped in surprise, not expecting to see her again.

"Dashi! So, you're all this team of adventurers on the mission for the treasures?" she asked, looking at the dachshund's friends.

"Yes, we are," Barnacles replied, perhaps a tiny bit more accusatory and defensive than he intended. "And you are?"

"The name's Patricia," she introduced herself with a quick wave of her paw before taking out her license to show to all of them.

Patricia Pinecrestach

Licensed Slave (Trainee)

By command of the Slaves Association, the Patupaiakuri Pastures and Enclosing Residencies

"A Slave?" Inkling asked. "May I ask what exactly that is?"

"Basically, I'm a labourer completing tasks around the community and surrounding areas. I'm part of the Patupaiakuri Pastures branch of Slaves, and our branch's current errand is to take citizens' belongings into our protection, so they don't get harmed by the new threat," she described her role briefly before rummaging her paw in her pocket.

"Speaking of which, I have something for you, Dashi." she announced, as she unveiled her camera, which Dashi took without a fuss.

"Thank you!" she said, happy to have it back.

"Think nothing of it," Patricia said. "I promised, didn't I?"

"What in Aeseganora did y'all think you were playing at, chasing the Slamigev off like that?" Gary asked them all, both with curiosity and concern. "And all by yourselves, too! That's the sort of thing that could've had somebody killed!"

"Well, a monster puppet and a megaphone seemed to do the job." Peso said, referring to Tweak's latest inventions.

"Aye, they were used to make out as if there was some sea monster ready to eat them!" Shellington explained before looking to the other Octonauts. "And anyways, we're still alive, aren't we?"

"Aye, but there is not a creature alive who can take down that crazy produce," Vivi explained. "I don't know what you were all trying to prove, but you've certainly shown that you tend to act before you think - that is a VERY stupid thing to do."

"Aye, that and showing true bravery as well! Although that isn't really stupid," Gary stated. "You have certainly made history today as the first ever creatures to defeat the Slamigev!"

The Slamigev? Of course!

They were the Vegimal-like creatures which Tweak had scared off with her monster disguise. After all, their name is 'Vegimals' spelled backwards, and it now clicked into place as to why they oddly looked like the Vegimals.

"Aye," Kwazii agreed. "It was certainly quite a fight there, eh, mateys?"

And they all murmured in agreement.

"And certainly one you cannot win by yourselves, Inkling, Tweak, Peso, Kwazii and Barnacles," Patricia said as if she were about to let them in on a secret.

"Well, it certainly would appear that," Peso said, looking down slightly.

"Hang on a minute," Barnacles said. "You brought Shellington back to life?"

"In a nutshell, yes, I did," she responded, with a proud smile before looking up. "Hello?"

The crew followed her gaze as two shadows fell upon them.