Unlikely Trio

THE UNLIKELY TRIO sat together on the roof of Pluto's shrine. The sun was lower in the sky. More diamonds had surfaced around Hazel, and her eyes were red from crying.

Louis felt so bad for her. Hazel didn't deserve too have to relive her past. No one did. Louis didn't know much about Hazel. Only that she was brought back from the Underworld by Nico, how she would often fall into these trances. That were sort of like revisiting the horrors of her past. And a tiny bit about her curse with the gems. 

He hadn't meant to learn all of that information about her. Especially since he didn't even know her favourite colour. The most basic question ever! Louis had learned it by using his powers. Although, they had backfired a little. That's why he knew all about her past, and a little about her future.

See, Louis's godly parent was Fortuna; goddess of chance, fortune and destiny. There weren't many children of Fortuna, though Louis still had inherited an unlikely power. The power too be able too look a little into someone's destiny. Though, Louis rarely ever did it. For it was too draining for him energy wise. And too painful in case he see's something terrible for that person.

That's how he found out all about Hazel. Louis hadn't meant too. It just sort of . . . happened. Hazel had compleatly avoided him after that. Louis hadn't blamed her. Though, it had always been a mystery as too why he had seen her past and not a glimpse into her future. Could it be because Hazel was from the past? Louis wasn't sure.

"You did it again." Came the voice of Nico, the sound of his voice guiding Louis back into reality.

"S-sorry," Hazel murmured.

"Don't be," Nico said. "Where were you?"

"My mother's apartment. The day we moved."

Nico nodded. It seemed as if he understood. Unlike Louis. Though, he didn't dare ask. For Hazel was upset enough.

"You have to work on controlling those memories," Nico warned. "If a flashback like that happens when you're in combat—"

"I know," she said. "I'm trying."

Nico squeezed her hand. "It's okay. I think it's a side effect from...you know, your time in the Underworld. Hopefully it'll get easier."

Louis's heart started breaking just looking at Hazel. He'd only ever seen her have a flashback once. But this was worse.

"I can't go north again," Hazel said put of the blue. "Nico, if I have to go back to where it happened—"

"You'll be fine," he promised. 

A look of confusion crossed over Louis's face. Now he had no idea what was going on. "Sorry . . . what?"

They ignored him and continued their conversation. 

That made Louis want to go through himself into Tatures.

"You'll have friends this time. Percy Jackson—he's got a role to play in this. You can sense that, can't you? He's a good person to have at your side."

"What does Peter - I mean Percy, have to do with anything?"

Hazel took a shallow breath. " A descendant of Neptune will wash away your curse and give you peace. That's what Pluto told me along time ago."

Louis didn't even hesitate for a second. "Oh, that's obviously about Percy. No doubt about it. You've got nothing too worry about!"

Nico death stared Louis. Though he only smiled back, nudging him in the shoulder. "You love me."

"No. I really don't."

"Glad we sorted that out!"

"You know-"

"GUYS!" Yelled Hazel, interrupting their small bicker.

They both stared down at the floor, muttering a small "Sorry."

"Where did Percy come from?" she asked. "Why do the ghosts call him the Greek?"

Before Nico could respond, horns blew across the river. The legionnaires were gathering for evening muster. That annoyed Louis quite a lot.

"We'd better get down there," Nico said. "I have a feeling tonight's war games are going to be interesting."

"Great." He muttered, slightly annoyed. Something was bothering Louis. He needed answers. And unforuently, Nico Di Angelo was the only person who had the answers.

-------

LOUIS, HAZEL AND Nico were now sprinting. Well . . . Louis was sprinting, while Nico was jogging and Hazel charging out in front of the two boys. Louis thought it was incredibly stupid for Hazel too be running. As only about ten minutes ago she had been having a blast to the past while Louis and Nico had been shaking her shoulders and arguing about what was crackalacking, and what wasn't.

The Fifth Cohort had the nicest centurions in camp. Still, even they would have to punish both Hazel and Louis if they was tardy. Nico would be the only one who would not get punished; as he wasn't actually from Camp Jupiter. 

Sometimes Louis forgot that. Sometimes he forgot Nico hadn't been around in his life for as long as Louis would have liked. Sometimes he forgot that he didn't know as much about Nico as he  pretended too. And, sometimes he forgot that before Nico met him, they had both been living separate lives. Totally unaware of each others existence.

 His mind was so focused on Nico during that moment, he compleatly forgot where they were running too, stumbled over his own feet, lost his balance and stumbled side on into Nico.

"Watch where you're going."

"Why don't you watch where you're going . . . " Louis paused, debating whether or not to say this. "Neaky Boy."

"Don't ever call me that . . . Lu."

Louis's mouth opened in shock. Though he quickly closed it, knowing he deserved it. "Fair enough." He nodded.

Nico nodded back, a small smile threatening to fall upon his face. That was something you didn't see everyday! "No problamo."

Louis gave him a look. "You've been hanging around me too much. I always say that."

"No. No you don't Louis." Nico said with a compleatly dead straight face. He looked a little like Wednesday Addams. "You always say 'crackalacking.'

"Because it's a crackalacking word!"

"It really isn't."

"Says you!"

"Yes, says me. And says literally every single person who would have ever had the misfortune of hearing you say 'crackalacking.'

"Jokes on you, you just said it twice in the last few sentences Nico!"

Nico looked very offended. "How dare you."

"Oh, I dared."

"Oh, you are so going to-"

"HOW DO YOU TWO MANAGE TOO HAVE A FULL ON CONVERSATION WHILE SPRINTING AND NOT RUNNING OUT OF BREATH!?" Asked Hazel, cutting them off mid argument. She was compleatly exhausted.

Louis looked at her, a very confused, yet calm expression over his face as he ran beside her. "The real question is, how do you not manage to have a full on conversation while sprinting and not running out of breath?"

----