The Gift of Fortuna

LOUIS MANAGED TO pull Percy away from Hazel and Frank, cornering him. Louis needed to find out exactly why Percy was here. Percy didn't know himself, Reyna didn't know, creepy Octavian didn't know. The only person who did know was Nico. And he wouldn't even let Louis know.

Louis was sick of the mystery. Percy was about to go on his suicide mission, so Louis needed to act fast. And as long as no one properly found out he would be using his powers on Percy, nothing would go wrong. 

Louis had more control over his powers then the last time he'd used them on Reyna. Mistakes were made. 

His mother Fortuna, goddess of luck, fortune and destiny, she was on his side. He could feel it. 

"What's up man?" Started Percy, breaking the silence.

"Why are you here?" Louis spat out harshly.

Percy looked like he'd been caught off guard by that. "I know as much as you do."

Louis reached out, gripping Percy by the shoulders. His grip felt like iron, pushing into Percy's skin till it bruised. Louis looked the son of Neptune dead in the eye, not daring to shift his gaze. He closed his eyes, and opened Percy's mind.

Louis saw flashes of a greek camp, demigods all scattered around the place wearing bright orange shirts. Disgusting. He saw a blonde girl with grey eyes, hunched over some sort of map. 

The scene changed to a blonde guy with a scar across his face. He was lying on the ground, Percy next to him with his arm wrapped tightly around the blonde girl.

Louis went even further into Percy's past, not daring to turn back. He could feel his energy draining  fast, but he blocked it out. Just like he blocked out Percy's screams and kept going further.

He saw Percy holding holding something, something that appeared to b killing him with the very weight of it. He saw a Hunter of Diana , lifeless and bloodied on the ground. 

Then he saw Nico Di Angelo, mythomagic cards scattered across the ground as the ground raged beneath him, skeletons rising at the very image.

No matter how far forward or backwards Louis went into Percy's past, battles and blood were splattered everywhere.

Louis was getting to the end of his limit, and he could feel Percy starting to drop himself. 

The gift of Fortuna was running out.

Louis let go of Percy's shoulders, coming back into his senses again. He was so low of energy that he stumbled back, trying his best to regain consciousness.

He looked down at Percy with a horror struck face. Percy lay crumpled at his feet, twitching ever so slightly, trying his best to grasp onto consciousness. Louis almost felt bad . . . almost.

He remembered all those battles, all those lives lost due to Percy Jackson. Louis may not of uncovered the mystery as to why Percy was at Camp Jupiter, but he did know one thing. 

Percy was dangerous, he was going to get them all killed.

-------

AS THE DAY wore on, Louis felt the guilt settle into his stomach. He had just left Percy there, like a crumpled little spider. 

Louis himself felt fine physically, but he knew that if anyone ever found out what he'd done, Octavian would execute him. That was what had happened the last time Louis had done something like this.