03

Friday, October 4, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

It was nine-thirty. I have to start getting ready for the party that's in half an hour.

I started to get changed, putting on a short pleated denim skirt. There was a knock on my door, to which I called, "Come in!"

The door opened and in came Warren.

"Jeez sorry Warren I didn't realize it would be you," I laughed putting in a black tank top.

"It's fine," He shrugged. "Forgot I was coming?"

"No, I just thought it was gonna be Courtney or something to harass me," I laughed.

"You ready?" He asked.

"I think so," I said grabbing my bag.

We then headed out to the party as I hugged his arm, feeling the cold autumn wind brushing against my skin, tickling my cheeks a light pink. So was Warren's face.

"To the pool we go," He laughed.

"Where all the Vortex parties take place!"

We entered the pool of the otters, lights were flashing and blaring.

"Come sign in!" Stella shouted over the loud rave music.

"Amelie Prescott and Warren Graham," I said.

"Warren's not on the list," Stella replied.

"Let him in, this is my brother's party. He won't care who I bring."

"Alright yeah," Stella said. "Go in!"

I grabbed Warren by the hand and pull him through the red velour stage curtains.

"Oh my god this parties huge!" Warren shouted.

"Let's go get booze!" I called giggling with his hand in mine.

"Amelie you made it!" Courtney said grabbing me into a hug.

"Of course!" I said.

"Hey Warren!" Courtney called.

"Hey Courtney," He said looking confused.

I guess Courtney never actually talked to Warren before, he's an insanely smart science nerd and Courtney, although smart, is a part of the Vortex Club. Vortex Club members don't associate with nerds or punks.

Rachel Amber was a happy medium, a little bit of nerd, punk, theatre, and somehow remained an extremely popular girl with admiration from all social groups.

"This is the VIP section," A bouncer said with his arms crossed against his chest.

"I'm on the list, he's my plus one," I said pushing past the bouncer, Warren's fingers still entangled in mine.

"Little sis!" Nathan called coming over to me giving me a big hug. "You made it!"

"Hi Nathan," I said over the loud music allowing him to embrace me.

"Go grab a drink!" He motioned to the VIP bar.

"You want a drink?" I asked Warren as we walked to the bar.

"Yeah," He said. "Why not."

We both grabbed a beer. On the VIP couch Juliet and Dana sat smoking out of a bong.