15

Friday, October 11, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

I woke up, the room was bright. I looked all around me, my mother sat on a loveseat just a few feet away. Was I in the hospital?

"Mom?" I asked sitting up.

"Lay back," She said getting up and pushing my body down. "You need to rest up sweetheart."

"Mom, where's Nathan?" I asked hoping last night was one long realistic nightmare.

"He's-he's.. incarcerated."

"Wait, why?" I asked.

"You know why," My mom said, her eyes glassy. "Nathan's ill Amelie."

"What's gonna happen?" I asked.

I could barely get the words out, I found myself constantly swallowing lumps in my throat, fighting back tears.

My mom stayed quiet for a moment, "If he pleads guilty he'll-"

"Bullshit!" I angrily said. "He can't please guilty to those charges!"

"I don't know Amelie, they have so much evidence against him, even if by some chance Nathan was innocent it would be too hard.."

"Dad has money, can't he get Nathan the best lawyer in Oregon?" I asked.

"Your father is under investigation as well honey," My mom said.

I gave her a questioning look, "He bought the.. the.. you know.. that.. room.."

"Did he know what it was for?" I asked.

"He won't talk to me," She crossed her arms.

"I have to get out of here and see Nathan, when can I be released?"

"Soon," My mom said. "You're phones been going crazy." She passed me my phone.

"Oh shit," I whispered to myself.

I had unopened texts from a lot of people, people I barely knew from Blackwell giving me sympathy. But Kate Marsh, gave me empathy. I texted most people back, thanking them and telling them not to be upset for me, I'll be okay.

Then I came across Warren's text. I was so confused of where we stood now. I confided in him about Nathan, and he went and told Max and Chloe.

Warren: Amelie, I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but I have to make sure you're okay

I didn't know what to text him. Maybe I can just let him know I'm okay.

Me: I'm fine.

I shut my phone off and looked at my mom, "We need to get out of here so I can go see Nath."

"Alright, what do you want me to do?"

I looked around the room, "Go get a doctor? I need to be released."

My mom nodded her head and left the room. I started to get up, I disconnected all of wires I was connected to. One certain machine started to beep intensely when disconnected, "Fuck," I whispered to myself but ignored the beeps continuing to get dressed.

"Amelie Prescott," The doctor said walking into the room seeing me fully dressed. "What do you think you're doing?" He walked over to the machine that was continuously beeping.

"I think I'm leaving," I said looking around the room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

"We think it's in our best interest that you-"