14

Thursday, October 10, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

"Nathan!" I screamed. "Nathan please! Wake up!"

Nathan lied on the grey couch, straight ahead of me. His wrists tied together as well as his ankles.

"Nathan!" I yelled again.

Jefferson left a little while ago, and he'd be back soon. I had been trying to awake Nathan, I prayed he was still alive.

He looked up, taking in his surrounding. Realizing his body was bound riveter, he whispered to himself, "Shit."

He kept blinking, he flinched each time. His eyes finally fluttered open for good. He flinched, looking around himself, he seemed shock.

"Nathan! It's me, Amelie!" I screamed, he looked around the dark room, still confused.

He began to repeatedly blink again. His eyes opened wide. He was frantically looked around himself, I continued to scream.

"Wale up! Please, wake up!" I shouted.

His eyes locked with my eyes, "D-Dakota?" He asked, I shook my head.

"Amelie?" He asked, realizing it was me, he started looking around in a panicky motion.

"Nathan!" I called. "What's happening?!" I was crying now, my tears running down my cheeks, "What is all this Nath?"

"The dark room.." He trailed off. "Shit, fuck, Amelie, what are you doing down here?"

I heard footsteps walking towards Nathan, "She's my newest subject. Beautiful, isn't she?"

I looked up, my eye's met Mark's, so did Nathan's, "That's my fucking sister, that's my fucking sister, let her go you-"

"Now, now, Nathan," Mark said in a calm town. "Why don't we tell Amelie the beautiful story behind this beautiful place?"

Nathan looked at him, "Don't."

"Go on," Mark said softly. "Tell her."

"Amelie I-I'm so sorry," Nathan cried out. "Amelie, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm-"

"Let's just say, I became sort of a father figure for Nathan. It happens often is teacher/student relationships. It was kind of touching for a while.." Mark trailed off. "I told him what he needed to hear. In return I had access to the Prescott fortune. Who do you like paid for think glorious dark room and equipment? How else would I get all these hip new drugs for my subjects?"

"You-You manipulated my brother!" I shouted. "You did all this! You! You hurt Kate and-"

"-And Nathan hurt Rachel," Mark cut me off.

"Shut the fuck up Mark!" Nathan screamed, his whole body twitching.

My mouth was wide open, Nathan hurt Rachel..? He looked over to me. I looked back at him, shaking my head, I couldn't believe it.

"Oh.. Rachel Amber.." Mark trailed off. "That's the real tragedy."

Nathan was breathing heavily now, "I'm gonna kill you mother fucker!" He spat.

Mark ignored Nathan's threat, keeping his eye's on me, "Nathan thought he could be an artist like me.. Instead, the dumbass gave her an overdose."

"I-I, you told me that amount.. I-!"

"Why Rachel..?" I asked, my cheeks wet.

"I don't have time to tell you everything. But she.. aw special. A human chameleon.." Mark kept going. "So many visual possibilities.. we had a real connection. Rachel was in love with me. That's not my ego. Just look at our sessions. Not that I'll let you. Nobody loved having their picture taken more. Anyway.. Rachel is dead. But no tears, Los Angeles would have killed her anyway. So, look at this a favor."

"You're evil," I said infuriated with what I was hearing.

"Oh I see," Mark said. "Your boyfriend almost beat Nathan to death, and you love him, right? See, we're not so different.."

"Yes.. yes we are," I said, my fists were clenched. "I care more about Nathan than you do."

"No! You don't. It's just too bad that he fell in lust with Rachel," Mark was getting angry. "He actually thought he could mimic what I do with a camera and a subject. Like father, but not like son."

Even Nathan was crying. I could tell he was deep in thought. He was supposed to leave, to go get help and get better. I didn't know this was all he was trying to escape from, I still would've helped him regardless.

"Where's D-Dako-" He could barely get his words out, he was choking on his tears.

"Dead and buried," Mark said nonchalantly.

"Why would you.. do that.. this had.. NOTHING TO DO WITH HER!"

"You see Nathan, it has everything to do with her," Mark crossed her arms. "When you fall in love, you become soft and weak. And you let love get in the way of everything Nathan. Everything would be okay if you just, hadn't hooked up with her in the first place."

I started screaming at the top of my lungs. Kicking my legs, they broke free from the chair. The chair was old, and wooden.

"You bitch!" Mark said rushing towards me. "You must need another doe huh?"

"Don't you fucking touch her!" Nathan screamed, I cried harder. "Don't you fucking dare i'll kill you!"

"Leave her alone motherfucker!" I turn my head to see Chloe Price wielding a gun, aiming at Mark.

"You think I'm scared of some punk bitch?" Mark laughed. "You won't shoot."

"You should be," Chloe answered, firing the gun.

I saw Warren, rushing to Nathan to set him free. I looked at the ground, his body lied there. Max was setting me free. I thanked her, rushing to Nathan, sobbing.

"Holy shit I killed a man.." Chloe trailed off. "Fuck.."

I grabbed him, pulling him into a tight hug. He didn't hug back, he just sat there, empty.

He seemed to be spacing out, he must've been in shock about Dakota. I looked around the dark room, the Arcadia Bay police flooded the scene.

Chloe started to shout, "It's that motherfucker!" Pointed to Nathan.

I was crying, pointing my fingers at Jefferson, "It was him! Nathan's innocent, he didn't do anything!"

The cops shook their head at me and turned Nathan's almost lifeless body on his stomach. They started to handcuff him.

He was lifted off the ground, a cop on either side of him, my hands behind my back. They led me out of the darkroom. I followed after the cops, "What are you doing with him?!"

He was thrown into the backseat of a cop car. I raced to the car, banging on the window, screaming, yelling. Then the car drove away, leaving me at the old barn.

"Nathan!" I screamed. "Nathan!"

"Are you okay Amelie Prescott?" A cop asked me.

I dropped to my knees, crying.