Thirty

This time he doesn't cover your eyes when he guides you down to the prison.

My plan was to earn some trust to escape, in the beginning.

I failed.

I literally wouldn't be able to mess up that plan more.

Doffy takes you to the 761th cell, in the fifth block. He stops in front of the massive iron door. His usual smirk is nowhere to be seen. You take his hand and stroke it gently.

-Do you want to come in with me? -you ask silently but he shakes his head.

-I don't think he would be happy to see me, after thirteen years of prison. -he answers.

-If it's okay I want to talk with him about Law too.

-He will be surprised. I lied that Law is dead long ago.

-That was cruel.

He already knows that you lied, Doffy. I told him last time.

-Just my nature. I was really angry with him back then.

You pull his hand a bit so he leans down and you can kiss him.

-I know, Doffy. -you say. -Just give me some time with him. You can entertain yourself until I come back, can't you?

His grin appears and he glances at the other cells.

-I will figure out something. -he chuckles, biting your lower lip before going away on the corridor.

You take a deep breath and turn back to the door.

This won't be easy.

You turn the key in the heavy lock and step inside. It's dark again. You see the tall figure on the bed, with his back towards you.

-Rosinante? -you call his name, slowly closing the door behind you.

He shivers and jumps up. His eyes widen when he recognizes you.

-[Y/N]?! -cries the man and runs to you, hugging you tightly. -You are still alive! I was so worried...

You smile and hug him back. You hear the slapping of his fingers.

-Silent. -he says.

Why is everyone so tall here?

-You don't have to use your power anymore. -you smile. -Doffy knows everything.

He recoils.

-What?!

-Just listen to me first. -you say and go to his bed, sitting down. -If everything goes well we both can meet Law again.

He frowns, the cigarette falls out of his mouth.

.
.
.

It fires up his coat.

You scream and run to help with the flames.

(...)

He didn't interrupt while you told him what happened between you and Doffy.

Not with every detail, to tell the truth.

The story ends with this day when Doflamingo told you about his past. You only knew some parts until that.

Rosinante looks at you worriedly.

-So you love Doffy? -he lours.

-I do.

-And you think he loves you too.

-He does. -you answer, blushing a little.

-Isn't he a bit too old for you? -he tilts his head and you throw the pillow at him.