one

"What do you wanna do tonight?" My best friend David asked as he plopped down onto my bed.

"Um I don't know let's just stay here and watch movies or something" I shrugged.

"Noooo. come on it's the first week after graduation and you want to stay in?!"

"Well what do you have in mind?"

" there's a party tonight" I put my phone down and looked up at him.

"Who's?"

"Marco's"

"Baseball Marco or soccer Marco?"

"Baseball Marco" I nodded my head.

After a bit of convincing, I finally gave in and said yes.
David went home to get ready and told me he would come pick me up around eight. It was now 5:30 so I had some time.
Oh I'm Mira and David and I have been friends since the first day of second grade. It was just us two until the beginning of freshman year when he met this guy named Josh. I immediately took a liking to Josh. He was easy to get along with and he was fun. In the second semester of sophomore year, this pair of brothers, Chris and Crawford, transferred to our school. I'm not sure how it happened but they kind of completed our group and now it's like I have four brothers. I don't get along with girls too well so that's probably why I'm the only girl but oh well.

I put on some music and hopped in the shower.
Once I got out I stood around thinking of what to wear. I didn't wanna get too dressed up but I didn't wanna go bummy. I decided to just throw on a black and red plaid skirt with a zipper on each side and one down the middle in the front with a black tank top, black thigh high socks, and a black loose sweater. I curled my hair and pinned it to one side and put some red lipstick, black eyeliner, and mascara on. I looked over my appearance and laid back down on my bed, waiting for David.
Someone knocked on my door about ten minutes later and I looked over at my clock and I granted them access into my room.
I sat up as David walked in.

"Hey you ready?" He asked while looking at himself in my full length mirror.

"I just need to put on some shoes. Which ones?" I asked him holding up a pair of black Docs in one hand and in the other, a pair of black vans.

"Docs. You might as well go full out punk" he laughed.
I laced up my shoes before grabbing my phone and keys and saying "ok let's go"

On our way to the party I looked him over. He was wearing khaki pants and a denim button up. I approved. See, all the guys are attractive but in different ways. Chris and Crawford are more pretty boyish and I'm not really sure how to explain Josh and David. Me? Well I'm the self-proclaimed ugly duckling of the group.

-At the party-

I was walking around looking for the kitchen to get a drink. Marco's house is huge. There's music playing loud and people everywhere, I could barely concentrate on where I was going. yeah I had a few drinks but I wasn't drunk.

"Miraaaa" I turned around to see Chris walking towards me, obviously drunk.

I laughed. "What's up?"

"How are you doing?" He slung an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm doing good Chris. where's the kitchen?" He pointed left and i lifted his arm so I could walk away. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a drink. I stood there for a few minutes, not quite ready to go back into the chaos. I felt someone staring at me so I turned my head and sure enough there was a guy standing on the opposite side of the kitchen...staring. I looked down quickly but before I knew it he was standing right in front of me.