-2-

(The dress above is the one you picked out later in the story)
------

It took a few days for the messenger to travel across the land of the overworld and the Nether, going through harsh weathers and sometimes thieves was always proven to be difficult but within a few days he had made it to the Nether Fortress.

A man of many names sat upon a large dark throne, the crown that sat atop his head unbothered by the white porcelain mask carved with a smile. He hummed a tune to himself waiting for the seconds to pass by, anticipating who would walk through the large dark doors. The air was warm and hot and smelled of ash, anyone from the overworld couldn't bare to live here in what was almost considered to be hell amongst the humankind that lived in their perfect houses with their fresh clean air.

The King brought his eyes to attention as his guards opened the large doors in front of him, the messenger emerging out from them to stand in front of him, taking a bow of respect. "If I may, your majesty," the young messenger asked, "You may" the masked king permitted for him to speak. The messenger stood back up straight and reached into his bag to pull out a scroll, before unraveling it and clearing his throat to speak, "From the Phibarin Kingdom, your Majesty Philza wishes to inform you that his eldest daughter has accepted the marriage proposal and that a ball shall be thrown in the honor and celebration of the couple's engagement, that is if King Dream of the Nether Fortress accepts these conditions" the messenger rolled his scroll back up and put it in his bag before bringing out a new paper and quill, prepared to write the majesty's Dreams response.

Dream smiled under his mask, he was thrilled with the idea of their nations finally coming together through the marriage of yn and his highest warlord Technoblade. "I accept the conditions and shall send my embassy of people to attend in my place, as I would love to attend but duties for my kingdom come first. The embassy shall consist of my councilor Bad, and my general George, along with (Y/N)'s courter of course" the messenger had finished writing and rolled up the scroll before placing it in his bag, he took a bow before turning around and exiting out the large doors. Dream remained on his throne, a large smile spread across his face.

------

The kingdom was hectic, maids everywhere cleaning and even Niki off doing lots of work, musicians practicing and the chefs making sure everything they had was there for the time the ball would come.

Just a few days ago your kingdoms messenger had returned with the news that the embassy would be arriving within a few short days, which means the entire kingdom, including citizens, would have to prepare for their arrival. Your father spent most of his time with his staff making sure the ballroom was perfectly decorated, Tommy spent most of his time outside so he would stay out of the way. But for you, you had the most things to do and prepare for, after all this was your ball for your engagement.
You were in the study hall with Miss Alyssa and Ranboo, practicing the most important part of the ball, ballroom dancing. Ranboo had finished with his gardening very early at dawn so he was free to help whomever he can, and being one of the only free males at the time Miss Alyssa had drug him into the room to help you with dancing. "Now remember yn, Ranboo leads you. Posture straight and eye contact is always important." Miss Alyssa tapped your brother Tubbo's shoulders, who was helping you with dance practice, to signal him to resume the tune he was previously playing on the piano.

Ranboo put a hand on your waist and gently took your other hand to hold it up as your other hand rested on his shoulder, you straightened your posture and looked Ranboo in the eyes as a signal for him to start the dance. Ranboo nodded his head and began to move his feet and dance to the beat. You steadied your breathing, trying to concentrate on his movements so you wouldn't step on his feet with your heels. The melody was soft but strong, Tubbo had always had a talent for the art form, learning how to play at a very young age. Ranboo started to pick up speed as the tune began to speed up, moving and swaying faster which made it harder to keep up with him.