Chapter 24: And She Said...

Maxon
Today is the day. It's Christmas Day and I'm going to propose to America.

I told her we could go ask my parents what the plans were for the rest of the day, she just doesn't know that I have already planned the entire day out.

"Well I was thinking we could have a girl's day for a while and then you could spend some time with Maxon this evening. How does that sound," my mother asks America.

America looked over at me as to ask if that was okay and then nodded towards my mother with a smile on her face.

Now I only have a few hours to set everything up and make this proposal perfect.

Mom said she would take America swimming and get mani pedis with her so that should give me some time.

I think America with have fun and enjoy her day with my mom.

Hopefully this will be a day she will always remember and cherish forever.

With setting up the proposal though, I need to find a few things.

I did give my mother the letter to hand America inviting her to our date.

I talked to the kitchen staff about what to prepare. They aren't going to make very much though since we'll still be having Christmas dinner as a family tonight.

We just get the evening to ourselves.

Her family is supposed to be flying in to see her after I propose.

I want them to be here but I want it to be just us when she hopefully says yes.

Us being alone for that seems more special to me since the rest of our lives will be spent in the spotlight.

Doing it without others standing over us seems like what America would want too.

That leaves me with needing to pick out America's dress, decorate the garden, and set out the picnic supplies.

I guess I'll pick out her dress first since it's the only task to complete inside.

I had her maids design some special dresses for the occasion and now I just have to choose the one I think she will like the most.

In the end I chose a dress I think America will really like. It is very simple and has sleeves so she shouldn't be too cold.

This dress seems more like her style than any of the other dresses I've ever seen her wear here.

I really hope she likes it.

Now I need to grab the roses, fairy lights, pillows, and blankets for outside

My plan is to make a path to the picnic blanket with roses.

The plan is for her to follow the path of roses and then find me at the end with a bunch of pillows, blankets, and some food to snack on.

Then, after we talk, I will ask if she wants to take a walk and on that walk is when I'll get down on one knee and propose.