Chapter 2: Party Prep

Avery
I can't believe a hot guy invited me to a party, on my first day at college.

I'm excited to go, America and I are already having a great start to our stay here.

We also found out that we are roommates and I couldn't be more excited about that.

Now I won't have to go through that awkward process of getting to know someone, while also living with them.

Before the party though I have to go shopping! I'll take America with me even though she hates shopping.

We can't go to a party at our new school in our regular clothes.

"America! Come on, we need to go get some new clothes for the party tonight!"

"Ugh, Avery you know how much I hate shopping!"

"That's exactly why you must go because any other time you would have an excuse not to go and right now you don't have one, so let's go."

Maybe we'll even meet some other girls at the mall too. We could use some more friends and we also don't know where any of our classes are so maybe they can help us.
———————————————————————
At the mall
America
I really didn't want to go shopping with Avery but you know I actually like it at this mall.

There are tons of cute clothes and we've met some cool people too.

Back at home there isn't even a mall to go to, so having one here makes going to college even more exciting.

Avery and I even met a girl that said she goes to oie school. She's super cool and she rides her skateboard everywhere she goes, even in the mall.

I think her name was Josie? I'm not sure but she seemed nice. Maybe she'll be at the party tonight too.
———————————————————————
Back in their room
Avery
We just got back from shopping and America and I got the cutest outfits.

Of course I got an outfit that goes with a bucket hat.

But then again don't all outfits go with bucket hats? I think they do.

America and I decided to dress to impress tonight

We decided we needed everyone to know that we shouldn't be known as "the new kids" we want to be known as cool.

Our plan tonight is to score ourselves a seat at this groups lunch table tomorrow.

Otherwise we will have to sit by ourselves tomorrow and now that would be embarrassing.
———————————————————————
America
I know Avery has high hopes for this party, but I'm just glad we were invited to something.

The party should be fun and hopefully we'll meet lots of new people.

While we were at the mall I got a cute skirt and a white shirt.

Hopefully I won't be too overdressed, but even if I am, at least I'll look good

We want to leave a good impression on this group.

I just hope we can walk out of this party tonight with a few new friends.

I'd even be happy if we ended up with a whole new group of friends.

As of right now we really only have each other, other than the few people we met, but that we can't exactly consider friends yet.

I just want our college experience to be everything we hope for.

Even if it isn't though, we are going to work hard and make it the best experience we possibly can.
———————————————————————
Unknown
I can't wait for that new girl to show up.

She even had a cute friend too. Maybe they could join the group.

I'm not sure if Kenlee will be happy that I invited other girls to my party but eh, she'll get over it.

What did you think of this chapter? Next chapter will be the party.

Will Kenlee be mad at her boyfriend for inviting the other girls? Will America and Avery become part of the group? Will Josie be at the party? Find out in chapter 3.

Hope you've enjoyed this story so far! Please comment your thoughts on it!