Chapter 21: America's Arrival

America
After spending a few days alone with my family, I have now arrived at the palace to spend Christmas with Maxon and his family.

I have met them before and they seemed to like me, I'm just nervous to stay for so long. Especially since his parents are the King and Queen of Illea.

Maxon said they even prepared for me to stay in the princess suite.

That just seems like a lot of pressure.

What if they realize that I'm not cut out to be a princess?

I come from a family of fives and Maxon is a one.

That jump is pretty much unheard of.

I shouldn't even be worried since we're just dating right now, but I can't help but think of our future.

"America," Maxon says pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so glad we get to spend our first Christmas together here at the palace," he says beaming.

"I am too," I say blushing.

"Here let Jones carry your bags in. I'm sure mother will be ecstatic to see you."

Well, I am excited to see the Queen. She was so kind to me the last time I was here.

"I'm afraid father has to work right now, so he isn't here to greet you, but he should be at dinner," Maxon says.

"Oh, that's fine," I say giving him a small smile.

He walked me right inside the door to be greeted by Queen Amberley.

"America! It's so good to see you! I'm so glad you are able to join us for Christmas this year," she says with a bright smile.

"It's good to see you too," I say giggling while I give her a hug.

"Oh, I'm sure Maxon already told you, but we had the princess suite set up for you. I would show you up to your room, but I'm afraid I have some business to attend to. Maxon can show you up though. I'll see you at dinner," she then waved and walked away.

"Well, I guess I can show you to your room then, it's connected to mine," Maxon says shyly.

"That would be great," I say taking his offered arm.

As he walks me up to the room I can't believe how immaculate this place is. I mean, yes, I know this is the royal palace, but it still seems pretty over the top to me.

I'm not complaining, I just don't see why I need to stay in one of the fanciest rooms in the palace.

"Here we are," Maxon says standing outside the door.

Once he pushes the door open my jaw dropped. This is the most beautiful room I have ever seen.

"And I thought the room I stayed in last time was the nicest room I had ever seen."

"Haha, well this room is definitely a nice one, he says."

"This is way too nice of a room for me to stay in."

"This room is nothing compared to you," Maxon says placing a kiss on my forehead.

I can only smile at him, I have no words.

"Here, I'll show you around. So over here is the door to your bathroom, and that door right there is your closet, to the left is your office, in the far corner you have a small sitting room, and my favorite door is the one right here that leads into my room."

"Wow, I don't even know what to say," I say leaning into Maxon.

"Oh and I meant to tell you that the closet is full of clothes tailored to you that you can wear while your here," he says smiling at me.

"Maxon you really didn't have to do all of this for me."

"I know, but I wanted to."

"You'll also have some maids to help you get ready. I'll leave you with them and I'll be here to walk you down to dinner," he says grinning.

"Maxon," I say, also grinning.

At that he walked back through the door with a smile on his face.

When I turned around I noticed that two maids had come into my room and were waiting for me to get started.

"Hello ladies," I said with a slight wave.

They introduced themselves and then pulled me into the closet.

They wanted me to pick my own dress for dinner, however that was a harder task than one might think.

All of the gowns were gorgeous.

I ended up going with a blue one that had some gold detailing on the skirt.

After they did my hair and put me in a pair of heels, I was ready to go

The knock on my door came not a minute after.

As I opened the door I saw Maxon looking as handsome as ever in a pair of dress pants and a button up shirt.

"Perfect timing," I said.

And with that we walked down to meet his parents at dinner.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know this book isn't very good so thank you for sticking with me this far.

Please vote, comment, and follow me to get updates on all of my stories.

Let me know in the comments what you think will happen next. If you have any ideas please let me know :)

Also I would like to give a shoutout to @Hillji for reminding me to update!