Chapter 2

Warnings: Betrayal, slight suggestiveness and M E N T I O N S (no smut or anything cause I don't write that stuff) of iNtiMaCy h a.

"Do you want to tell me what we're doing in Akira's cabin?" Shirabu waved off Yahaba as he continued searching for the letter Ushijima gave him. Sighing he stood up, running his fingers through his copper colored bangs. "We're looking for a letter. The night before we left for home Ushijima pulled Akira aside and gave him a letter, I'm betting it has something in it that will at the very least make him look guilty." Shirabu went back to searching, "Not that I'm against the idea of having him in prison, but how exactly does it benefit you? It was my impression that the two of you were close?" Shirabu scowled. "We were. But he took something- No. Someone very dear to me, he has to go away. Now, are you going to help me or stand there?" Getting to work the two continued searching for the letter, working as quickly as they could so it could be turned into the magistrate. Meanwhile, Kunimi had met with his girlfriend, Y/n. "Akira!" Y/n giggled as her boyfriend-er, as of five minutes ago, Fiancé, continued placing kisses on her neck. He smiled as he slightly pulled away so he was hovering above her, perched on his elbow, "I swear to you Y/n, as soon as I have enough money I'll buy us the best house, you the prettiest ring," Y/n laughed as Kunimi kissed the string he had tied around her finger, call it a substitute for the real ring he wanted to give her. "And we'll live our lives the way we always talked about." Smiling Y/n leaned up and captured his lips with hers, slightly pulling away she continued to gently hold his face in her hands. "And I swear to you as long as it takes, this piece of string will never leave my finger. Besides...you know none of that matters to me, all I need is you. I love you Akira." Kunimi smiled as he dipped down again, once again passionately kissing the girl he was madly in love with. "I love you Y/n. I love you so, so much." As he was saying this, he continued to kiss her, moving to place kisses on her lips and her jaw. (...I'm gonna skip but I think y'all can figure out what goes on next...) Kunimi and Y/n sat down at the dinner table, Kunimi's father sitting at the head of the table and the two lovers side by side. The food was just about to be served when the door busted open. "Akira Kunimi?" Kunimi warily stood up, "I'm him." The guard squared his soldiers, standing at perfect attention. "Akira Kunimi you are hereby under arrest." His face dropped as he stood up from the table, one hand in front of him acting as a sort of barrier and the other guarding his fiancée. "On what charges?!" The soldier remained stone-faced, not relenting one bit. "I am not at liberty to say; come peacefully or forcefully. Your choice." Two other soldiers came, each taking an arm and pulling Kunimi out of the house, the shouts and pleas of Y/n growing quieter and quieter as he was taken further away from the house. Eventually the soldiers took Kunimi to the chief Magistrate's office; Satori Tendou. Leading him into the said mans office, Kunimi sat down in the chair parallel to Tendou's lavish desk. "Mr. Kunimi, were you aware of the consequences of a crime as extreme as treason before you committed it...?" Kunimi's eyebrows furrowed, "Treason? I did no such thing!" Tendou's eyebrow raised, he leaned forward to grab a white envelope off his desk. "Did you have this letter in your possession? With the intention to give it to someone?" Kunimi slowly nodded his head. "From Ushijima" Kunimi again nodded. "Mr. Kunimi...did you happen to read the letter?" Kunimi shook his head, "No sir...I can't read" (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS 19TH CENTURY FRANCE, WHERE MOST OF THE POPULATION WAS POOR AND COULD NOT R E A D) Tendou's eyebrows went up In surprise, opening the letter he started to read it. Finished reading the document he set it to the side. "Did Ushijima tell you why he wanted you to deliver the letter?" Kunimi shook his head, "No sir, he just told me to give it to someone..." Tendou sighed. "Did he tell you who it was you were to give this to?" Kunimi nodded his head, "Colonel Tanji Washijo...." At this Tendou froze. Tanji Washijo was a known Ushijimaist, people who fully supported Ushijima and believed he should still be in power. Tanji Washijo was also the father of Satori Tendou. If word got out that the Chief Magistrate's father was a traitor it would ruin his career and their entire family....Standing from his desk, Tendou held the letter to a candle flame, burning all evidence of his connection to the treason. "Guards." The two soldiers guarding the door walked over to Kunimi, "Take him to Shiratorizawa." Kunimi shot up from his chair, "But I'm innocent! I didn't do anything!" Tendou looked at him, a glint of indifference in his scarlet eyes. Kunimi was then dragged outside to the prison carriage waiting for him, shoved and locked in as the driver drove away, towards the cliffs where he would be taken to the scariest place one could be taken; the island prison Shiratorizawa. 'This can't be happening...I need to get out, I need to escape but where? Where could I possibly go?!' As the carriage bounded through the streets of France Kunimi tried and tried to formulate a plan, something, ANYTHING to get him out of whatever this situation was. He was thrown to the back as the carriage came to an abrupt stop. Kunimi positioned himself with his legs towards the door, so as soon as the unlucky guard opened it *BAM* Kunimi scurried out of the carriage, walking off the fall he had taken and jumping onto the horse left abandoned by the unlucky soldier. With a quick snap of the reins he fled, making his way to the one person he knew could help him, the one person he knew he could count on, Kenjirou Shirabu.