Thief- Jane the Killer x female reader

TRIGGER WARNING:

This chapter contains profanity, violence and sexual content. Please do not read if you worry it will trigger or upset you.

Jane the Killer does not belong to me.

Hard rain splattered against the cold ground outside, barely illuminated by light from the shop windows. An elderly woman was staring out, wondering how long this crappy weather would last. She never really liked the rain, it tended to keep away some customers and make her days go by slower. She sighed, then smiled and nodded when a pretty young girl with (h/c) hair approached with a handful of clothes, asking politely about the fitting room.

"Of course dear, go ahead! Take that one right there." She pointed to the nearest fitting room and turned towards the window again, watching for more customers she knew wouldn't come. The young woman grinned and exchanged a look with her group of friends, and lead them away. The elderly woman failed to notice her take her purse into the room with her, she was foolishly too distracted with her thoughts.

Some time passed before the curtain was pulled back and the young woman stepped out. The old woman saw her frown towards her friends and shake her head slightly before placing down the pile of clothes and starting towards the exit. "This shop is really cute, but . . . I just didn't like how any of them looked on me! Maybe this shop just isn't for us." She sighed quietly and reached for the exit door. "Oh well, let's try the mall? If you guys want, I can get us some drinks." Her friends nodded and smiled before following her out.

The older woman was a little stung. She should've known such a young group of girls may not like the clothes she sells, however she still was somehow surprised and hurt at this. In just the few moments she had been with them, she had grown to like them, as she did with almost all her customers. The woman sighed, and then gasped when she looked up. Another thing she had failed to notice was another customer was right in front of her.

Another young woman with long black hair and sunglasses was placing a dark dress on the counter, and smiled kindly at the woman as if to sympathize with her feelings that she had no chance of knowing about. The older woman smiled back at the younger and they shared a few friendly words. 'As long as there are young ladies like this to shop here, this business is worth keeping up.' She reminded herself.

~

The group of women exited the small shop and walked quickly away, covering their heads and pulling up their hoods. At the lead, the (h/c) haired girl readjusted her purse on her shoulder and smirked. As they headed away from the busier street of private shops and towards a small tunnel in the distance, they glanced at each other and began to giggle. "I don't know why you guys didn't get something as well, it was easy as fuck . . . Actually, I can understand. Most of her clothes were ugly."

The group approached and walked under the tunnel, safe for a while from the pouring rain. The girls took to surrounding the lead, a few knowing to block her from sight of the busy street. "What'd you get, Y/N?" A short girl piped up, leaning in. The woman, Y/N, opened her purse and hummed.

"Not much, like I said. Ugly clothes. Not surprised though, suits her." She added quietly, knowing her friends would hear her clearly and cackle with glee. Y/N pulled out one, two, and three small handfuls of jewelry she had hid in the pile. She doubted it was pure or expensive but oh well, if it was pretty and shiny she wanted it. She handed the piles to her friends to let them see and then pulled out a few thin, plain shirts.

"Excuse me." The group of girls whipped around, gasping and freezing at the tall figure now standing before them. Y/N lowered her (e/c) eyes and shoved the clothes silently back in her bag, handing it to the nearest woman and stepping forward.