Prologue

Prologue

"Miley!" Demi yelled as she sat on Miley's couch.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Miley runs down the spiral staircase and hugs Demi. "What's such a good news?"

Demi smiled, bringing suspension. "We're going to Rio!"

Miley's eyes widened as she squealed. "No way!" They hug again and Miley's excitement gets the best of her. "We get to go to the beach, meet cute boys, eat their awesome food, sun bathe, meet more cute boys..." She trails of as Demi giggles.

"True, and also we get to train for the volleyball tournament they're holding." Demi smiled.

"Oh yeah, that too. Plus, cute boys!"

Demi shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "Single people."

"Hey, just because you found the love of your life doesn't mean you can shove it in faces of people with freedom and benefits."

"I'm perfectly aware that you have benefits with...a lot...of boys, but you have no freedom."

"I do have freedom." Miley crosses her arms.

"Okay, whatever. I still don't get how you would sleep with a bunch of guys and still have zero percent feelings for all of them." Demi curiously states.

"That's the Cyrus method. My mom did it and look, that's why I'm here." She smiled proudly.

"Yeah, but your mom married your dad because she loves him."

"No," Miley laughs a little, "my mom married my dad because I happened."

Demi laughs. "Go pack." She demands as a sign of losing their debate. Miley laughs and heads upstairs.

~~~~~

Demi walks down the sidewalk and feels the vibration of her phone. She sees Sterling's name flash on the monitor and smiles. "Hey, babe." She smiles.

"Hey cutie." Sterling replies grinning. "I got us a reservation at the garden at seven. I'll pick you up, okay?"

Demi nods even though she's not seen. "Okay."

"Bye, I love you." Sterling smiles.

Demi blushes. "I love you, too."

---

Demi goes through her closet and picks up what she believes to be the prettiest dress she owns. Her phone buzzes and she answers, "Hey."

"Hey, sweetie. I'm really sorry, but they're holding me in a little longer. We're behind schedule and it's not going as planned so we have to reshoot some scenes. I'm sorry baby." Sterling apologizes.

Demi smiles even though she was really looking forward to dinner. "It's okay, Sterling."

"I'm sorry, babe. I love you very much." Sterling says before hanging up.

Demi sighs and shakes her head before closing her closet. She jumps on the couch and slips in a movie. Another night for the past four nights, she spends it alone.