Chapter Two

Chapter Two - Demi's POV

"Flight Three, Rio de Janeiro, loading in gate eleven. Flight Three, Rio de Janeiro, loading in gate eleven." I've been sitting on the exact same waiting chair for the past hour in hopes of seeing him walk through the doors of the airport. No, he didn't come, but as stubborn as I was, I stayed. The voice on the airport speakers kept talking about flights to Rio de Janeiro and not once did I listen. "Last call to Flight Three, Rio de Janeiro."

"DEMI! Come on!" Miley was beginning to leave and I still won't budge. A few seconds passed by and I got tired. I stood up and took one last glance at the entrance, sighed, and turned my back to walk away with Miley.

It was a long flight, the longest flight I've ever been in. Miley sat next to me on the aisle seat and kept rambling on about Rio. I heard, but didn't listen. A few times in between she'd ask if I was okay and the answer was always the same fine lie, 'yes'. I stared out the window of the plane and watched as the houses zoom farther and farther, soon vanishing as the plane approaches its limit above the clouds.

A couple hours past and as lazy as most human beigs were, they were all leaned on their seat under their blankets, on their pillows, and dozed inside their sleep masks. However, I didn't plan on tagging with the mainstream popularity in the plane. I stayed awake and continued to stare outside the window. The sun gleamed, not too bright, not too dim. It was the sunset type of light. It was pretty. As a few hours pass by, the insanity of snores filled the airplane. Even though I've zoned out for most since the beginning of the day, that didn't mean I could shut everything out of my brain. I folded headphones around my head and hoped that everything was quiet again. Yes, it was like the covers worked like a charm.

I sighed and noticed that I've been waiting for a call that's impossible to approach. My phone is registered in Airplane Mode due to overseas traveling and all I could do was stare at the gigantic screen where the plane route was displayed. "Ten more hours." I said to myself. "Oh, joy."

This wasn't really my goal for this ride. Sitting, staring, sighing, no. I planned for this ride to be Sterling and I, and Miley sitting all the way back with the elderly where her snoring ass belongs. I was supposed to be cuddling with Sterling as he played with strands of my hair. We're supposed to be the cutest couple in the whole airplane. I guess this was supposed to happen. Maybe, we needed time apart. Maybe, it's the solution. Maybe, if he knew that I really wasn't with him, or in the house, or in the land of United States, he'll realize how much he needs me and how much he took advantage of me. Maybe.

I tried different ways to be productive. I played with fingercuffs, drew on Miley's face, spitballed some annoying kid four rows back, but all I thought about was Sterling. I've gone seven hours without sleeping and people on this plane just happened to think it was night to sleep this long. I sighed and slipped a sleep mask on in hopes to end this torture-filled flight.

"Hey, sleepy-head." Miley's face wasn't covered in pen marks anymore. My eyes widened and I took Miley's spoon on the table to see my reflection. There was nothing. "Don't worry, you're going through a lot right now, but if you weren't your face would look like a freaking clown."

I sat up from my slouch and wiped my face. "Can I get anything for you?" A stewardess walked by and saw that I wasn't doing anything.

"Just water, please." She nodded at my reply and walked inside the steward section where there was a small aisle food cart.

"How you holding up?" Miley asked eating her chicken.

I shrugged. I looked at the screen and noticed that the plane route was gone. The stewardess set my water down. "Do you know how long until landing?"

"About five hours, ma'am." I nodded and drank my water.

It was five hours later and the plane seemed to still be in the air. A slight jetlag might've hit me. The minute I felt that we were off the air was when the airplane seemed to be vibrating from the asphalt of the ramp.

"We're here!" Miley screamed showing the least bit of consideration of my fatigued expression. She showed all the signs of energy and concealed the lag, if any. "Demi, I am gonna give you the best summer ever!"

"I hope it doesn't start with you shouting in my ear...oh, wait." I mumbled, pure sarcasm.

"Come on, be a little interested."

"I will be if your mouth doesn't reveal any words for the next hour." Miley rolled her eyes and stood up to open the storage above the seats. I groaned as she dragged me out of the plane. I showed more signs of activeness since I felt the security of land touching the pads of my sandals. However, I wasn't completely strengthened. Miley tugged me on the arm to guide me to baggage claim. The spinning conveyor belt didn't help much with my sensitivity.

"That's mine." I pointed lamely at a bag. Miley took it out along with her two other bags. I kept looking for my other luggage. I couldn't find it so I went to talk to the nearest employee. They looked and tried to find my bag, but it wasn't found. I was still recovering from the laziness when I noticed my name on some bag that a man was with. I approached him and tapped his shoulder.

"This is probably the first time a beautiful girl has walked up to me." He smiled and set his phone in his back pocket. "May I help you?"

"Yeah, can I have my bag?"

"Excuse me?"

"That bag's mine. It has my name on it." I pulled up the tag and read my name. "De-mi-lo-va-to." I said with emphasis.

He nodded. "My apologies beautiful lady."

"Whatever." Instead of switching his enthusiastic expression, he kept a grin which he's seemed to be born with. I walked away and met up with Miley.

"Damn, he's hot."

"Okay, Miley. I know he is. Apparently when you're craving sex you even think a pig is hot."

The guy walked up to one of the airport employees. "Can you help me find my bag? It has Nick Jonas on it."