Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Demi walked in the five star room of the five star hotel with a five star view. Miley slipped the curtains and smiled at the scene. "Copacabana." Demi slumped on her queen bed. She closed her eyes and all she felt was nothing. Well, that's until Miley jumped on the bed almost overbearing the cushion springs. "Let's go to the beach."

Demi cover her face and ears in pillows. "No." She mumbled.

"Yes." Miley dragged her out of the bed and held both of her shoulders. "You are coming with me to shop for sexy men, okay?"

"What about me?" Demi sighed but fixed her hair through the mirror.

"Oh right, you're taken-you'll just be my wingman."

Demi sighed. "No, Miles. I'm going to the beach to play volleyball." She tied her hair in a ponytail and changed into training shorts and a tank top.

"Come on, Dems, please?" Miley pleaded.

Demi grabbed her volleyball and dug through her luggage for a pair of flip-flops. "It's either you're coming or not." Demi said before walking out of the hotel room. Miley groaned and slumped on the bed.

Demi walked through the beach until she found an open volleyball space. She sighed bumping the ball repetitively due to Miley's absence.

"No, hunting for some chick is not my thing." Some guy said while walking on the shore who had a familiar tone of voice.

"You suck man." The other guy said walking away from him. Demi heard their conversation but resisted her urge to glance. She felt that someone was approaching her.

"Ola. Posso ajudá-lo?" He asked in Portuguese, his voice seemed tense.

"I speak english." Demi said catching the volleyball and smiled at him.

He set out a sigh of relief with a slight grin. "You know, you usually play with another person." He said keeping the smile.

"Yeah, I'm kind of a pro. My partner's not here, though. She ditched me." Demi shrugged and set the ball to him as he bumped it.

"So did mine."

"I heard," Demi said. "So you play?"

"Yeah, I'm also kind of a pro." He said as Demi laughed a little. "So, you have a name?"

"Nah, I don't really give personal information." Demi said as he chuckled.

"Well, I'm Joseph. People call me Joe."

Demi nodded. "From the sound of that, I'm guessing you're from United States."

"Yeah, I flew here just a few hours ago." He said.

Joe seemed clam, laid-back. Demi was studying him. Not in a creepy way. She noticed his care free emotion whenever he bumped the volleyball. He seemed happy from where he is.

"So, I have a volleyball game tomorrow, do you wanna watch?"

Demi kept bumping the ball, only this time she caught it in her arms. "Wait, are you here for the Volley Americas Tournament?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah." He smiled a cute smile. "I gotta head now. Nice meeting you." He waved a quick salutation as Demi flashed a grin and a slight nod.

~~~

Nick walked through the halls of Copacabana Palace Hotel. He was about to unlock the door to his room when a gorgeous woman exits the room across from his. He smirked and crossed his arms while leaning on the door. He examined her closely, her tanned skin glowing from her sports tank and her short shorts. She turned and flashed a smile followed by a seductive wink. Nick chuckled a little as she left before opening the door to his hotel room.

Joe followed behind him, his smile showing visibility of cheesy enthusiasm. "Yuck. It seemed like some girl just washed you over with a chick-flick and apparently you liked it." Nick teased.

Joe rolled her eyes. "I met a reall beautiful lady today."

"That's sad. As I've learned, every beautiful lady is taken. That's why they're called beautiful."

"No, she's different. She's coming to watch us during the tournament."

"What gives the sudden interest? You said chick hunting isn't for you."

"I'm not. I just came across her playing volleyball alone."

Nick shook his head. "You just happen to be very lucky." Joe chuckled.

~~~

"Hey." Miley shouted Demi who was slurping her boba.

Demi set her drink on the counter and smiled. "Hey. So you decided to come."

"Yeah, my best friend can't play alone."

"I actually didn't play alone." Demi murmured.

"Really? Who were you with? Is she in the tournament?"

"Well, technically, yeah."

Miley sat next to her. "Technically?" Miley orders a drink from the lady behind the counter.

"He's in the tournament." Demi said sipping her boba.

"Oh...was he shirtless?"

Demi laughed and shook her head. Miley received her boba. Demi sipped her whole drink, opening the lid to eat the left over tapioca pearls.

"Was he atleast muscular?" Miley asked. Demi nodded.

"I told you, you should've come with me." Miley rolled her eyes and Demi gigled throwing away her drink.