TWENTY-SIX. she can be any lennon you want her to be

CALEB COVINGTON seemed to be a complex individual

One minute he's saying he doesn't hate Lennon and the next he's shocking her to death.

But if he wanted the boys in his house band, he had to leave her alone.

He needed one last go at her before he let her go.

That was a later task though. He was going to be nice enough to let Lennon and Luke have one last talk before the Orpheum.

"Promise me something."

Lennon looked up, "Anything, Luke. You know that."

"Don't forget me."

She was taken aback by what he said.

"How could I forget you?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know."

"I'm not gonna forget you." She smiled softly, "Even if I tried."

"You're funny."

"I know." She said, "But in all seriousness. No matter what rollercoaster life takes me on, I'm never going to forget you. How could I forget my soulmate?"

Luke was worried that, no matter what was said, Lennon was going to forget him. Yeah, reassurance was nice, especially coming from her, but crossing over meant moving on.

"I'm not going to forget you." She smiled, "I promise."

Before either of them could respond, the honking of her car broke their attention.

Lennon had picked up Carrie along the way. Something about how she didn't want to hear her dad freaking out over dead people.

Carrie's words, not Lennon's.

She sighed, "I gotta go, but you got this. All of you. I won't forget you either." She smiled.

A small smile rested on his face. Lennon out a breathy laugh and headed towards the exit of the garage.

"I'll see you later."

She had barely made it out of the garage before Luke called her name.

"I... wanna give you something."