technoblade x reader: sway

a/n:thank you biggie_sheep on tiktok for bkessing me with this idea :D also his cosplays in general are rlly cool so go check them out if you could :)

credit for idea (pls check this video out it's actually so pog): https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJEF1ujP/

trigger warnings: k,,,karaoke???

reader pronouns: she/her

so there we were, sat in a room at the end of the hallway at a karaoke night. it was currently wilbur's birthday and to celebrate he invited techno, phil, tommy, tubbo, dream, george, bbh, schlatt, sapnap, and basically the rest of the entire dream smp to a karaoke party in england.

the flight here was long and treacherous, especially when you're not flying first class, there's a child screaming and kicking your seat for the entire duration of the flight, fans come up while you're just trying to relax, and you're stuck in a dingy plane for over an hour. but alas, this was for wilbur, who i considerably owed a lot of my clout and fame from.

arriving in the country, i quickly scouted out google maps to find the hotel room i had booked.

i plugged in my earbud, logged into spotify, and started playing a random playlist while i walked the streets and hummed. 

appearing at the doorstep of the inn, a warm air flew to my face as i walked in, making me blink to avoid drying out my eyes.

"welcome to the (town name) (hotel brand) hotel! enjoy your stay." a voice rang out, a british accent greeting my ears nicely.

i walked forward toward the desk and nabbed my key card for my room and then started toward the elevator, my baggage nipping at my heels as i trotted.

after a few minutes of searching i found my room and kicmed off my shoes, immediately throwing myself backwards onto the plush bed. i spent a few minutes laying there before i stood back up and started putting my things away. after finishing my task i pulled out my phone and pushed the on button to check the time. 3:56PM. i had about two hours till i needed to head to the karaoke place.

after taking a quick power nap, i got back up, took a shower, and got dressed. i walked back into the bathroom and quickly applied a little bit of makeup, then grabbed my wallet and started toward the party.

walking through the door a young woman greeted me and i said i was with wilbur's party.

she led me back to the room on the far end of the hallway where i was greeted by my friends. i smiled and waved to everyone as i made my way to one of the sleek couches and sat down in the empty space on the end. next to me was technoblade looking equally nervous and entertained somehow. parties probably weren't his thing.

i smiled and said gently to him, "hi, techno. how are you this fine evening?"

he looked over at me, almost surprised that i was here. "oh, hey y/n- sorry i'm a little bit spacey hah... parties aren't the best for me." he let out a little chuckle.

"why don't you go up and do a song then? i'm sure you'd be fine. i mean look at wilbur up there-" i gestured to the british man who was singing his own song, "he's having fun and he's singing his own song."

techno laughed. "yeah, but of course he is, that's a wilbur thing."

i nodded. "that's fair, but why don't you just try it? i can do a song with you and then you could do your own or maybe something else?"

(quick p.o.v. change to techno-)

i looked into y/n's glistening eyes as she tried to get me to loosen up and sing for everyone. my heart felt weird- kind of achey and kind of hyper. my cheeks felt hot but that could just be the adrenaline from the anxiety.

i took a deep breath.

"you know what? let's do it."

i walked up to the disc jockey and requested my place in the queue to sing a classic song.

i walked back to my spot and while a couple of pairs of eyes tracked me, i felt strangely calm and kinda daring.

soon enough wilbur finished his song, then to poke fun at me tommy went up and sang blitz, and then my anciety hit as the person behind me finally took their turn.

"next up, we have... technoblade-..! singing... sway by michael bublé!"

i took a deep breath hearing the dj say my name. after calming myself i made my way to the microphone and started singing.

"when marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway; like a lazy ocean hugs the shore, hold me close, sway me more-"

i heard my monotone voice through the speakers as i started my song.

"like a flower bending in the breeze, bend with me, sway with ease; when we dance, you have a way with me, stay with me, sway with me; other dancers may be on the floor, dear, but my eyes will see only you"

i saw y/n smiling giddily up at me on the platform, and my anxiety lifted itself from my brain. my body started to shift as i awkwardly started dancing.

"only you have that magic technique, when we sway, i go weak; i can hear the sounds of violins long before it begins; make me thrill as only you know how sway me smooth, sway me now."

the music picked up its intensity again and my dancing started speeding up with it.

"other dancers may be on the floor, dear, but my eyes will see only you; only you have that magic technique; when we sway, i go weak~"

i started putting some pazzaz into my voice as i sang and glanced down at y/n quickly winking and then going back to my dancing, now including the microphone stand in it.

"i can hear the sounds of violins long before it begins. make me thrill as only you know how- sway me smooth, sway me now."

i motioned for y/n to join me and she laughed as she trotted up the stage. i gently took her waist and started swaying with her as i started my singing back up again.

"when marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway; like a lazy ocean hugs the shore, hold me close, sway me more~"

y/n giggled as i quickly dipped her.

"like a flower bending in the breeze, bend with me, sway with ease;"

y/n joined in singing with me, surprising me as she quickly found a harmony to sing with.

"when we dance you have a way with me~ stay with me, sway with me~ when marimbas start to play, hold me close, make me sway; like a lazy ocean hugs the shore hold me close, sway me more~ like a flower bending in the breeze, bend with me, sway with ease~; when we dance, you have a way with me, stay with me..."

we trailed off, our voices shying away in volume.

"sway with me~" y/n chimed.

i quickly pulled her in for a kiss and to my surprise she kissed back. i heard woo's and awws and a remark of "finally, goddamn-" from schlatt.