Chapter 3 ~ Getting Our Wands And Stuff

Third Person POV 

All the demigods stood there, waiting to get their wands.

"Let's start with Frank," Ollivander said.

"Wait, how do you know our name?" Percy asked, ready to attack if he was a monster.

"Ah, Hecate told me of your quest. No need to worry, young hero," Ollivander said.

Percy nodded, putting back Riptide. Frank went forward, looking at the boxes.

"Here, try this one," Ollivander said, handing him a black wand.

"Um, what do I do with it?" Frank asked, looking at the wand in his hand.

"Give it a wave," Ollivander answered. 

"Uh, okay..." Frank waved the wand. And all the lights went out. 

"Not this one," Ollivander said while taking out his wand and muttering a spell. The lights came back on.

"Try this one," he gave Frank another one. 

Frank gave it a wave and the sound of war could be heard. 

"Ah, that's right. 15 inches, Oak wood, dragon hearthstring core. Let's go with Annabeth next," Ollivander said while handing her wand.

Annabeth waved it and the windows shattered.

"Nope. Not this one," Ollivander said handing her another wand.

She wave it and boxes flew out of the shelves. Ollivander handed her another wand. A spell shot out and almost hit Ollivander. He gave her another wand. she waved it and they could hear the sound of owls hooting. 

"Good, good. 13 inches, pine wood, owl feather core. Next, Calypso," Ollivander said, turning his attention to Calypso and then to the wands.

She waved it. At first, nothing happened. then suddenly, plants burst out from the ground, grabbing a few boxes.

"Definitely not this one," he grabbed the one on Calypso's hand and gave her another one.

She waved it and the plants dropped the boxes and went back down. then small flowers popped up, covering the holes in the floor.

"Ah, yes. 14 inches, driftwood, moonlace and venti core. The only one I made that had moonlace core," Ollivander said.

"Next-

"Me! Me! I want my wand already!" Leo yelled jumping up and down. Earning him a slap from Calypso.

"Let's see, son of Hephaestus. Can control fire," Ollivander searched through the boxes and took one out. 

Leo eagerly grabbed the wand and waved it. Bad idea. Flames burst out and landed on the counter and floor. Ollivander quickly got out his wand and muttered something. Water flowed from his wand and put out the fire. 

"There. Now try this one," Ollivander gave him another wand. Leo took it and waved it. This time, flames burst from his wand and became the shape of a phoenix. After a few seconds, the flames went out, leaving a speechless Leo. And making Leo speechless is a very hard thing. 

"Now that was the right one. 12 inches, red wood, phoenix feather and fire core. Made specially for a child of Hephaestus. Next, Will," Ollivander said. 

"Okay then," Will stepped forward and Ollivander handed him a wand.

Will swished it and suddenly arrows rained down. Luckily Ollivander did something with his wand and we didn't get harmed by the arrows.