Chapter 14

Recap :)
The second our lips connected, it sent a shiver up my spine. It wasn't like electricity, no, it was more than that. My hands reached up and looped themselves around his neck, dragging him impossibly closer. It wasn't rushed, or sloppy, it was more soft and passionate. After a few longing seconds we finally broke away, smiling as wide as we could.

If only the rest of the night could've been like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       As fast as the moment came, it was ripped away. "Yo bro you got a lot of nerve!" Spencer said shoving Asher harshly. Layla had walked off I'm assuming because she was nowhere to be seen. "Spencer what the hell!" I shouted back, trying to stop him.. I didn't get very far. "What is wrong with you man? What your girl breaks up with you so you get with my sister to get back at me?" Spencer said still all in Ashers face. "No man, it's not like that." Ash tried. "The hell it isn't bro, stay the hell away from my sister." Spencer spat with hatred in his eyes. Asher went to say something back but I stopped him before he could. "Ash don't, he's just being a dick ok?" I said turning back around to face Spencer who looked more disappointed then ever. "Oh so what? You're taking his side now? Over me?" He spoke lowly. "Spence it's not like that ok, just please, calm down." I said back. "I'm calm. Yeah I'm real calm." He said raising his hands in surrender, shaking his head, and then walking away. "You all good?" Coop asked, coming from literally nowhere. "Fine." I said walking over to the punch bowl.

      "And of course The real MVP." Asher drunkenly said from the stage. This was bad. This was really bad. I was sitting in the back on the floor next to Chris, ranting to him about the previous encounter. "Oh no." I said, knowing Asher was wasted and mad at my brother from earlier, so whatever he was about to say wouldn't be good. "Beverly's latest transfer Spencer James. Yeah. Heh heh. He's the best there is... Isn't that right, Layla? I mean, you did cheat on me with him, so you would know." I sat in shock, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. "No, no, it-it's OK, really, it's OK. Because technically, I cheated first. Tell her, Olivia. Tell her. Go on. Tell your best friend how we had sex way before Spencer showed up on the scene. Tell her. Go ahead." Asher admitted in front of everyone.

I immediately got up to go find Layla as I saw her walking off. "Layla!" I shouted catching up to her. I didn't even let her respond before I wrapped her in my arms, hugging her tightly as she began to cry. "It's ok." I soothed calmly, holding the broken girl. "Layla-" Olivia tried, walking onto the scene. "I don't want to hear it. How could you do this to me?" Layla cried out, leaving the hug to face her best- well, ex- best friend. "It didn't mean anything. I swear, OK? That's why I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want to hurt you over a mistake." Olivia cried in response. "You let me pour my heart out to you. You gave me advice knowing you'd betrayed me." Layla added, not having any of Liv's bs. "I didn't want to give you advice. You begged me." Olivia argued. "Because I thought I was talking to my best friend, not a treacherous bitch." Layla spat. "Lay." I tried, knowing she would regret saying that. "Wow. You are such a hypocrite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you messed around with Spencer knowing how I felt about him, knowing that you had a boyfriend." Liv pointed out. Unfortunately she was right. "It's not the same." Layla scoffed. "No, you're right. It's not. I was messed up on drugs when I slept with Asher. What's your excuse? Maybe now you can finally admit that you're not miss perfect after all but you're a messy human who screws up like the rest of us." Olivia finished angrily.

I knew that hit Layla right in the heart. "Thank you. For enlightening me." Layla shook her head in disbelief, before running out, me following after her. Olivia tried to catch up but failed. When we hopped in the car she continued to sob into my shoulder until we made it back to her house.