𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙭

"A BIKE SHACK." Reggie muttered his voice laced with disappointment, "Right where my house use to be...right here." The boy frowned.

"Want another hug?" Roxy asked as he nodded, the girl wrapped her arms around his waist as Luke looke to him with a sympathetic expression.

"Yeah I'm sorry man."

"They made the Meyerson's house into a noodle shop." Reggie added looking at the small store beside the bike shack, "Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?"

"They tore down the whole neighborhood." Alex said looking around at the beach.

"Well at least if a tsunami comes it won't hit your house since it, you know." Roxy comforted, "I don't really think that makes anything better but I'm trying."

"I think you should just stick to hugs and no talking." Reggie mumbled.

"Right."

"Everyone's gone, 25 years, gone." Alex explained with an angry tone, "Friends, family, Bobby, everyone."

"Bobby, that's right." Reggie remembered, "I guess that vegetarian looked out, what do you think happened to him?"

"He probably just got old like everyone else and moved on." Luke said and it almost seemed like he didn't care.

"Dude how are you so casual about all of this?" Alex asked, "Don't you wanna figure out what happened?"

"Let's be real for a second, it's not like we were that close to our families." Luke began, "My folks always regretted buying me that guitar, Reggie your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce, Alex I....your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay, and Roxy your father was a drunk after your mother passed, he was so strict it began to become unhealthy."

Roxy looked down at her feet at the mention of her past as Reggie was now the one comforting her, "Okay, none of us had it great. Alright but at least we have something, you know, what do we have now?" Alex argued, "And before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not entirely okay with that either, it tingles!" He shouted, "In weird places!"

"You just ruined the word tingle for me." Roxy muttered.

"I'll tell you what we have, it's what we've and since the day we came together." Luke began as he climbed on top of a log, "Boys we have us, we're the only family we're ever gonna need." He said looking down at his friends, "Do you know what else we have?"

"I'm going to guess death breath?"

"Our music, you dork." Luke chuckled, "We have a music you guys, people, actual people can here us play! They can't see us, fine, but they can feel us." Luke explained, "If I had my guitar, I play for all these people right now. Just like what we used to do down at the pier."

"They can't tip with they can't see." Alex added.

"Not about the tips, Alex." Luke said jumping from the log, "It's about playing music. Connecting with people, making a difference in their day." He smiled at his friends, "I just....I wish I had my guitar." A sudden blue flash quickly appeared in his arms as the wooden guitar landed with him.

"Woah!" Reggie yelled, "That was rad, how'd you do that." He asked letting go of Roxy.

"I don't know, I-I-I mean I wished for it and then it came in my hands." He explained as Reggie quickly closed his eyes.

"I-I-I wish I had a puppy." He began as he peeked but saw nothing, "A hamster....pizza?" He listed as nothing happened, he kicked the sand in anger as he sat down with a pout.