1

A mystical hum filled the air. Notes of beauty danced across the room. If he hadn't known what it meant, he would of listened to the sounds in serenity. Blissful enjoyment of the magical music. But he did. He spun around knowing exactly what he expected to see. He was afraid. He wanted to protect himself, but he couldn't. All he could do was meet the fearsome eyes of the being now before him.

Before he could even register what had happened, blood fell from his upper arm. He hissed in pain, grabbing onto the wound. But the next instant was another strike, piercing far below the skin, this one tore a chunk of flesh from his neck. He whimpered, falling to the ground. The warmth of his blood clung to his rapidly cooling skin.

He was losing focus on the being before him. He tried begging.

"Please! Stop! Please no don't!" Another fierce strike and he had managed to block himself from his attacker's attempt. Uncontrolled tears fell from his face in the agony he faced. It was always the same. He always thought that he'd be able to face it. Always thought it couldn't be as bad as he remembered. But here he was again, whimpering and begging for mercy.

With one last attack to his neck once more, he lost all remaining senses. The sound of his heartbeat racing, faded away. The smell of blood leaving his nose and the eyes of his attacker, fading away with the impending darkness, until he was left in a dark nothingness.