2

"Aziraphale!" Crowley called into the bookshop. He had been able to smell the Angel's blood from the second he had opened the door. Crowley rushed through, noting the blood that splattered over the floor and wall behind it.
"Aziraphale!" He called again.

"It's all right dear, I'm just out back," the Angel responded. Crowley calmed ever so slightly when hearing the Angel's voice, but it was short-lived when he crashed his way into the Angel's bedroom and seeing him sitting at his mirrored dresser, applying a bandage onto his arm and seeming to already have another one covering his neck.

Aziraphale looked at Crowley with a light smile. Before standing up and taking the Demon's hand in his own.

"I'm okay."

"This isn't okay Angel," Crowley murmured, his eyes stuck on the bandage around Aziraphale's neck. The blood slightly visible under the bandage.
"Who... Who did this?"

The whites of Aziraphale's eyes had turned a sickly yellow with bloodshot veins. His face a purplish pale and beads of sweat fell from his forehead.

"Crowley, dear, it's okay. I'll be fine." Crowley didn't want to rest until he had the answers he needed, but he knew that for now at least, Aziraphale wasn't going to give them. He knew his angel had a tendency to keep secrets. Often for stupid reasons, so the demon thought. But eventually he'd get Aziraphale to tell him.

Crowley didn't mention when he saw Aziraphale wobble and stumbled his way out of the room. He invited the demon to sit on the couch with him, as they shared their wine, as often they did.

"So any news from your side?" Aziraphale asked. Crowley shook his head.

"No, none. It's been two years. I really think they plan on leaving us alone." The demon scanned over the angel. "Me at least." Aziraphale rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I told you it's fine."

"Angel, look at the state of you! You look like you're on the verge of death!"

"But you know I'm not."

"Do I!?" Crowley retorted. "I don't even know what's happening to you! If you were dead you'd be discorporated! If you were damaged by a celestial weapon you'd be destroyed and turned to ash! And if it was just an everyday injury, you'd be healed by now! So how the hell am I supposed to know what's happening!"

Aziraphale couldn't help the happiness and gratefulness he felt that the demon hadn't seen these symptoms before. Crowley's eyes widened at the small smile resting on the angel's face.

"Oh my..." Crowley whispered. "Has this... Happened before?" Aziraphale's eyes never left the demon, but not a word left his mouth.
"It has!? Angel why didn't you tell me!?"

"Crowley... It's not something you can do anything about."

"I can try!"

"Crowley, listen to me. There's nothing you can do. If you try, things will get worse." Aziraphale tried to ignore the hurt on Crowley's face.

"But Aziraphale..." He sighed when he saw the blonde's resolute expression. He just quietly took Aziraphale's glass and poured more wine into it. An exhausted breath left the angel as he handed him back the glass. Gently, the Angel rested his head against Crowley's shoulder.

"I'm so glad you're here dear." He murmured. Both the action and the words shook Crowley. He wasn't used to this level of affection From the Angel. But he accepted it. His angel was weak and he knew it. Relaxing a little, he shuffled his arm behind Aziraphale, causing the angel to nestle closer. It wasn't until a long while later that Crowley truly would understand the sincerity of those words, but until such a time, he simply responded with:

"I'll always be here angel."