3

Considering how rarely the angel slept, Crowley was shocked by how's quickly Aziraphale had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He scooped the angel into his arms, and carefully carried him to the bedroom. As he lay the angel down, he noticed the bandage coming loose.

Stepping over to the dresser, he picked up the unused bandages before beginning to carefully unwind the bandage on the angels neck.

A horrified gasp left the demon at the sight. Two deep gashes lanced his flesh apart. A darkening blackness spreading around his uninjured skin. He looked between the injuries on the Angel's torn apart neck.

"What the hell did this to you?" He murmured. Crowley hovered his hand millimeters above the injury. Willing his power, he tried desperately to miracle away the gash. But it did nothing. In fact, as he looked at the Angel's distorted face, he wondered if he made it worse. He's eyes widened in certainty when the blackness seemed to spread like spilled paint.

Crowley backed away as the angel whimpered in pain in his slumber. The darkness almost covered his whole neck now. 'if you try, things will get worse' Aziraphale had told him. Suddenly the marks stopped spreading and the look of pain on the Angel's face disappeared.

Slowly, the redhead strutted back to the Angel's side and carefully rebandaged the wound. The blonde stirred a little, his bright blue eyes reaching up to Crowley's golden ones.

"Sorry Angel," he whispered, going back to his bandaging.
"I'm pretty sure I made it worse." Aziraphale lightly lifted a hand up to his neck and shut his eyes.

"It's quite alright dear. I know you just wanted to help." A rare sadness became visible in the Demon's eyes as he looked at his strong and powerful Angel, bedridden and weak. Aziraphale reached his hand out and grabbed Crowley's.
"Stay with me, won't you?" Crowley hesitated before nodding, slipping onto the bed next to Aziraphale.

The angel blushed a little as he closed the gap between them. His head on the Demon's chest and an arm over his stomach. Crowley readjusted himself to accommodate the angel. His arm stretching around and oh so softly brushing his fingers over the Angel's arm.

Aziraphale shut his eyes and hummed in content. The angel didn't even realize he spoke until the demon responded.

"Can't we just stay like this?"

"If it's what you want angel." Blue eyes inched their way up to Crowley's. He could see concern and sincerity in them.

"It's all I could ever want."

"Then what's the problem?" Aziraphale tried to shuffle away a little, only for Crowley to tighten his grip on the Angel. Aziraphale looked at him with an undefinable look across his face. It was all Crowley wanted as well, and if his angel did too, then he'd be ready and willing to fight for it.

"It's..." The blonde sighed. "It's just too dangerous." The defeated look on the Angel's face was heart wrenching for the demon. It tore apart his soul.

"Angel," the Demon's tone was hard yet gentle. His free hand resting over the Angel's. "You know I'll always protect you right?" For some reason, those words seemed to send pain into the Angel's eyes.

"I... I know that's what you want Crowley... But..." Aziraphale couldn't finish.

"But what?" Aziraphale shook his head. His memories flashed to the surface.

"Please Crowley, no more. Not tonight." The Angel's voice was begging. His eyes pleading. Crowley nodded worriedly before pulling the angel closer. Slowly the angel began to fall into a much needed sleep. The demon lightly kissed the top of the Angel's head. He'd never felt a fear for his angel so desperately before. He had to find out what had happened.