Ready you are!

Kora age 7
Blue-eyed boy age 8

3rd person:

"Master if you don't mind me asking, why am I just now joining a youngling class. All the other younglings started ages ago!" Kora said as she slowed her pace, allowing the little green master to catch up.

"Ready you now are, the council has decided" Yoda answered, ending his sentence with a quiet giggle.

"But why couldn't I join sooner, why didn't I starting training at three as the rest of the younglings" Kora pressed on, wanting answers.

"Tell you this when you're older I will" Yoda replied as we came to the classroom door.

Kora wasn't nervous at first but getting to the door made her nerves pick up. She had never been around other kids. She mostly just helped and slightly trained with some of the masters. She never knew why and when she would ask they would either ignore it altogether or told her they would "tell her when she's older." She was getting sick of hearing that. She was seven, but she most definitely wasn't stupid. She knew they weren't telling her something important and that bugged her...a lot!

"Nervous you are," Yoda said as a statement but it had a sight-questioning tone to it.

"I wasn't at first, but I'm a little bit nervous now." She said as she nervously wrapped her long dark hair around her fingers.

Yoda then slapped her hand with his cane to get her to stop. "Ow. What was that for!?" She said rubbing her hand.

"Annoying it was," Yoda said with another giggle. "Nervous why are you?" he questions

Kora rolled her eyes at the first statement. "I've never really been around other younglings, what if they hate me?" She says looking down

"Then their loss it is" Yoda said with a comforting smile. "Now, Ready you are!" With that said Yoda used the force to open the door with one hand and gave Kora a push causing her to stumble a little with the other.

When Kora turned around all she saw was Yoda walking away with a smug smile on his face. Ugh why?! She thought. If Jedi were allowed to have lists Yoda would definitely be on it for that.

Kora then realized where she was as she slowly turned back around. All the younglings were sitting crisscrossed on the ground staring at Kora. They were whispering among themselves and giggling their eyes never leaving her. This made Kora very insecure and all she wanted to do was run out crying.
The teacher suddenly decided to speak up.

The teacher was a young woman with black coiled hair and pale skin she had dark brown eyes that wrinkled ever so slightly when she smiled.

" Hi, you must be Kora!" The teacher said with a wide smile, sticking her hand out for Kora to shake.

In reply Kora just nodded her head slowly, too nervous to see the teacher's hand.

"Well, then Kora it's nice to meet you." The teacher said while turning back to the class, pulling Kora gently with her.

"Class meet Kora" the teacher said "Hi Kora" the class said, some still snickering at her.

Too nervous to even move Kora quickly waved her hand putting it down as fast it came up.

"Kora why don't you go sit back there with Obi-wan" she said with a kind tone and pointing to where a little blonde boy with bright blue eyes sat.

Kora was so nervous she didn't even hear what the teacher had said, so she just followed where her finger was pointing.

When Kora had sat down the giggling and snickering had stopped. The class was practicing mediation before Kora had come in, or rather was pushed in against her will. Kora felt her heartbeat slow down.

"Hi" the blue-eyed boy said quickly
"Hello" Kora said in return.

She heard the teacher say the boy's name but at the moment, Over the sound of her heartbeat and the ringing in her ear all Kora heard were some muffled words.

"Would you like to eat with me at lunch?" He offered with a kind smile

"Sure!" Kora said overjoyed.

She was already making friends. Master Yoda will be so proud she thought although still slightly bitter at what happed earlier, Jedi aren't supposed to hold grudges so she let it go.

"Great I'll see you there" he said nodding his head before going back to meditating.

.......................................................................

Hello there!
What do you guys think about the first chapter? I'm literally so excited to keep writing...but I have school tomorrow soooooo I better go to bed.
Have a great day!