Hilts

3rd person

A week later, Kora and Obi were building their hilts. They were going to get to their Kyber crystals tomorrow. The pair both wanted blue but were happy with any color they got.

Since that day in the lunchroom, the two had been inseparable. One day Kora realized that she felt weird when Obi wasn't around. Obi had felt the same until he had met up with Kora. From that moment forward they promised to stay near each other...always

Kora used the force to put the pieces she had picked together. Her hilt was black and gray with strips of blue near the top and bottom. It had a little divot on the side that her hand fit in perfectly. She had never seen a hilt like hers before and she loved it.

Kora Looked over at Obi, who was struggling to put his pieces together. Kora switched two pieces around "Try now" she said with a small smile.

Obi then used the force and all his pieces went together with a satisfying click.

Obi picked up his hilt and showed it to Kora with a wide, proud smile. Kora giggled at his goofy smile.

"It looks great" Kora said with a kind smile.

"Thanks" Obi said "Can I see yours?"

Kora lifted her hilt still admiring the blue strips. "Whoa" Obi whispered "I've bever seen a hilt like that"

Then Master Qui-Gon stood in front of the younglings "Younglings, Younglings" He yelled. All the younglings looked towards the loud voice "Tomorrow we will head to the planet Illum to get your Kyber crystals. Be ready to leave early in the morning." He finished before turning back to what he was doing.

"What color crystal do you want?" Obi asked

"Blue or blue-green" Kora said "You?"

"Blue as well" Obi said

After building their hilts, Obi and Kora said their goodnights before heading to their separate dorms. Because they were still younglings they had boy and girl dorms and not their own individual dorms.

"No Qui-Gon!" Kora screamed before running at a man with yellow eyes fighting like she had never fought before. Her hits becoming angry, fast, and random. Watching as an older boy with blonde hair and blue eyes was pushed into a reactor shaft.

Kora then woke up, drenched in sweat, hardly breathing, with a tear-stained face. Kora wanted to go back to sleep but was worried that she would have the same dream. She then decided to see if there was a master she could talk to. Grabbing her brown robe she walked out of the dorm quietly. She tiptoed out the door closing it silently. When she turned around she ran into someone causing them to both fall backward.

"Ow" they said at the same time, recognizing each other's voice. They instantly knew who it was despite it being pitch black in the hall.

"Kora what are you doing up so late" Obi question

"I could ask you the same thing" Kora shot back

"I asked first" Obi stated

"I had a weird dream...or well...It was more like a nightmare, but that's beside the point" Kora said, "I was going to see if there's a master I could talk to."

"Now you" Kora said

" I don't really know, all of the sudden I had the urge to get up and come out here." Obi stated as he looked around.

"Strange, it was probably the force telling you something" Kora said grabbing Obi's hand and walking down the hall. Soon they found themselves in front of Master Yoda's door. Kora started twirling her hair in her fingers before remembering what Master Yoda did the last time she had done it.

Obi looked to see if Kora was ready to go in, She nodded at him. As he went to knock, the door flew open.

"Out late you are" Yoda said

"I had an unusual nightmare" Kora explained

"Come in, Come in" Yoda said motioning in his apartment.

"Tell me about this nightmare" Yoda said

"It felt so...so...real." Kora explained "I saw a red man with yellow eyes and horns. A Dathomirian Zabrak I believe. "

Obi was practically about to fall off the seat as he was leaning in to hear what Kora was saying.

"He had a double-sided lightsaber and was force-sensitive" she said recalling the events of the dream.

"I saw Master Qui-Gon" She said taking a pause as if she said the rest it would come true "He was stabbed" her voice cracking as she spoke.

"And there was a young man with him" Kora said " He had blonde hair with a padawan braid and Blue eyes like Obi's" when she said that she felt her heart drop.

"Do you think I saw the future?" she asked with a worried tone. Obi noticed the tone in her voice and put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"We can't be certain" Yoda said "Long day you have tomorrow, off to bed you shall go"

The two younglings nodded and went back to the dorms. Obi fell right asleep, Kora however did not she stayed up all night unable to fall asleep. Yoda was right it was going to be a long day.