SEVEN.

"You got shooters? Me too. I guess we on the same thing. Don't let this rapping fool you bitch I'm on the same thing."

HERBERT "HUE" WRIGHT

LIES. All humans lie and if someone told you that they've never told a fib, there's another lie. We lie to protect feelings, to protect ourselves, to protect the ones that we love. Anytime you say that you don't know about something that you in fact know everything about, you've lied. Every time you say that you're around the corner, knowing that you haven't even left your house, you've lied. Tell the truth. It may hurt but it will always be better than that lie.

It was now two months later and Hue was almost back to West League where his girlfriend and his daughter resided. He stopped at the toy store on his way home to get his baby girl a trunk load of toys. It was his guilty conscience looking for a way to apologize for his absence. He also stopped to get some flowers for Rylie. She was simple. She loves flowers, crystals and those weird necklaces. Hue tried to look for one but couldn't find it.

The sun was just setting as he reached his house. Before he could even put his key in the door, it swung open. "Daddy!!" Kunahi yelled. Hue smiled at his creation. She damn near knocked him over while trying to get him to pick her up. He placed the bags that he was able to carry to the side and picked her up.

"Wassup, baby girl?"

"Mommy said you went to make more music. Can I listen?" He smiled at his articulate child and nodded.

"You have to ask mommy first." He told her. Rylie always said that his music was too vulgar for Kunahi as she repeats everything that she hears.

Hue placed her back on the floor. "Mommy! Mommy!" She ran over to Rylie who had been leaning against a wall staring at them. Hue went to go get the rest of the toys and the flowers. Kunahi was over the top with everything that Hue bought her. She got lost in her own world and nothing else mattered.

He was so distracted but the smell of whatever Rylie was cooking finally hit his nose as he leaned down to kiss her. She turned her head slightly making his lips brush against her cheek. He shook his head before going upstairs to take a shower. Before he got into the shower, his phone rung. Anytime his second phone rung, it was never good news.

"Yo?"

"Herbert?" He heard Dyouni's voice come through the line.

"Youni? How you get this number?" He asked her. This was an emergency only line that he had only given his close friends but they were all long gone to the after life.