Special Chapter #1: A Gift...

(All Special Chapters are canon! They are mostly all short chapters! But I hope you still enjoy!)

A dark skinned man was standing in a graveyard. He looked around at the many lives he had lost. He heard footsteps approaching and turned around.

"Whoa. Careful, now." A figure says as he comes out of the shadow. He had black hair and golden yellow eyes.

 He had black hair and golden yellow eyes

"Oh, it's just you." He says as he turns to face him. The man crouched down and put some flowers on a grave. "Did you come here to greave too?"

"Mhm. Well, not exactly. I actually came to check on you, X." He said as X looked confused.

"Me? Why me?" X said defensively.

"Come on. You know why." The man said as he gave X a serious look. "You know it wasn't your fault."

"You weren't there! You didn't see their faces!" X shouted at the man. But the man didn't flinch. X regained his composure. "I'm...I'm sorry."

"It's quite alright. Do mind if I tell you a story?" The man said as X shook his head. "People who think they are entitled or deserve power, can't rise up to power."

The man began to walk away and gestured X to follow. He nodded and walked with him.

"When I first started on my journey, I didn't know anything. I was with others that helped me but...that only lasted for so long." The man says as they enter the forest. "You've been led into a battle to fight others fights. To fight for others goals, and others wishes. But unlike you, there are no strings on me."

"What are you getting at here?" X asked as the man shrugged.

"I was going somewhere with my mini monologue, now I can't remember..." The man said as X laughed. "Shut up! It's your fault!"

"Eh?!"

"Where was I? Oh yes, that's right. I believed I wasn't anything special. I was thrusted into a world upon my understanding." He ammited. "I got beat up. A lot."

"You? You're one of the most powerful people here." X said as they both got to a cliff that shows the clock tower in the distance.

"Yes. But I wasn't always this way. I was chosen and I didn't let that get the better of me." The man says as he turns around to look at him.

"You...were chosen? By what?"

"Kingdom Hearts. But, even with my power, there are rules that I need to follow." The man said as X looked in surprise. His natural golden yellow eyes shined bright in the daylight. "When we found you on my home island, I was shocked to say the least. But, I feel like you've grown much from that boy, haven't you?"

X nods worryingly as the man begins to laugh. "Calm down. It's nothing bad. Now...I'm sure you've been thinking about how unfair these worlds are."

X stayed silent as his brown eyes looked down. The man looked him and began to walk towards him. "I'm sure you'll do great, with that world you're trying to create."

X looked up to him in shock. "Yes, I know about your crazy plan. I think it does have a chance of actually working. But, there will be threats in your way. So...I'd like to give you a gift."

"A gift?" X said as the man held out his hand.

"Yep. A bit of my power. Of course, I can't give you too much, but enough for you to make it your own." The man says as he looks at the hesitating boy. "Unfortunately, too many lives had been lost. This world is cruel and unfair. If we have one more chance...it could be our final tragedy."

X nodded and took his hands. Parts of the ground started to rise and the clouds grew dark. The man smirked as did X. Soon, they all stopped and the sky was clear. The man looked at the boy's eyes.

"Well, I'll be a feathery duck. Now you have my yellow in your eyes. Well, you still got mostly brown but it's there." The man says as the boy looks at his hands to feel power coursing through. "But besides that...Do you like this power I gave you...Xehanort? The power of the True Kingdom Hearts..."

Xehanort looked at him with a smile. "It could definitely help but...why?"

The man was looking at the boy's now pointy ears. "Hmm?"

"Why did you help me? It's not something you could do easily. So why?" Xehanort asked as the man wrapped his arm around the boy.

"An old friend opened my eyes. Light isn't all that great as it can consume you and destroy you from the inside. And Darkness can corrupt you and bring misery and pain. To you and those around you." The two begin walking back to the town, away from the cliff. "What's needed is an eternal balance. A equal balance between Light and Dark. Unfortunately, not all the worlds have this...but."

"Maybe with this power, you can change that." The man said as the two began to laugh. "So, what do you want to do when we get back?"

"Well, I want to finally beat you in chess."

"Really? You suck at chess? You don't plan your moves well at all!" The man retorted with a face of disbelief.

"You're the one who taught me, Idiot!" Xehanort said jokingly.

"Oh yeah." The man said as the two began to laugh and walk back into the town. Playing chess like always and meeting up with Erauqs to teach them new tricks.
——————————
A figure stands on top of a pillar. Xehanort smiled at the scene as you get thrown into a wall by the arm of floating armor. He laughed.

"Hahahahaha! You weren't kidding when you said you got hit a lot." He said as he flicked his hand behind him, and a black portal opened up. "I'll make your power that was given to me, my own. Then I'll succeed where you must have failed."

Xehanort begins to walk into the portal. But he takes one look at all the people fighting alongside you. The rabbit, the duck, the dog, and the girl. Xehanort smiled as you all defeated the heartless and the single heart rose in the air. Xehanort then said one more thing before he walked in and disappeared.

"An eternal balance..."