𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

LONG ONE 4 YOU ALL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. (i think this is the longest i've ever written, no shit😭)

this was ~partly~ requested,,,, kind of just me taking inspo from a request. i think i'll go more into the real request if i do a part two.

happy reading !

* * *

"so what time will you be home again?"

"eh, probably around 7:30, could be later though," timothée's voice says through the phone up to my ear.

"ok, sounds good. i picked up some stuff from the farmer's market down the street and i'm walking back to the apartment right now," i respond. in my other hand was a brown paper grocery bag filled to the top with yummy fruits and veggies.

"it's so funny hearing you say the apartment now. i love it," he says still on the other line. i giggle at his comment.

timothée and i have been dating for almost two years now and we've just recently bought an apartment together in new york city. it was a big step for us, but so far, it's been magical. it's incredibly convenient for both of our jobs, and we're even close to timmy's mom and sister.

"i'm still getting used to saying it," i chuckle, "i love it too."

"well i love you even more than i love hearing you say that."

"well i love you even more than you love me than you love hearing me say that."

"i would counter that but i think my tongue would fall off in the process," he says, both of us laughing. just before i was about to say something else, i stop in my tracks.

right as i was about to turn the corner of the sidewalk, i spot a box in front of a small corner store.

this wasn't just any old box. it was a box full of kittens.

i glance inside the large glass window of the store, seeing a short man standing at the counter of what looked like a deli.

"y/n?" timothée asks, his voice sounding faintly through the phone.

"sorry, timmy, can you wait just one sec?" i ask him, crouching down towards the small box.

"yeah sure..." he says, skeptically. i peer down at the kittens, hearing small meows escape the cardboard box. there were 5 light grey little kitties in the tattered box. one had a spot of orange across it's back. i hesitate to reach in the box; i don't know whose cats these are.

i peer into the window of the bodega one more time looking for the man, but he wasn't there this time.

"you want the cats?" a strong new york accent booms from behind me, making me jump a little. i turn around and the see the same short man that was standing at the counter just a minute before. he was bald and stocky, wearing a sweat-stained white t-shirt and chef uniform pants.

i quickly stand up straight and dust off my pants while clearing my throat.

"sorry, are they yours?" i squeak.

"is what mine?" timothée says through the phone that i forgot i was still holding up to my ear.

"yeah, those cats are mine," the bodega guy replies, crossing his arms like i was threatening him. "are you interested in buying?"