|Chapter 2| Glitched in the System

"You don't belong here. Why don't you just run away and go home?" Darkiplier said in a deep and calm, static, voice. In front of him, a vague green silhouette glitching out from time to time. "I don't need to go home...", it replied. "I'm already here". Anti's hand gestures were showing off against the colour-drained Darkiplier. Trying to convince his statement. Darkiplier fixed his coat. "We'll see about th-". Before he could finish his sentence the both of them lost sight from each other. A few seconds had passed and they vanished into thin air.

~

 "Cool trick you got there Dark", Anti spat with disbelief. "You know I don't have a soft spot for Sean's old memories, so why showing his bedroom?!". As dramatic and glitched Anti could be, Darkiplier didn't seem to give even a single kick. "I don't know what you're talking about... But I do know that neither of us have any clue what just happened". Again, he said with a deep and calm tone in his voice. Both their heads turned towards the long hallway as a loud bang could be heard from downstairs. It seemed like their minds connected because they both decided to walk towards the stairs. "Oh, I am going to loooooooove it when I stumble upon a dead man!", Anti spat with insanity. A sigh left Darkiplier's lips. "Why me...", he thought to himself as they continued to walk down the stairway together. 

~

 "Our new guests will arrive soon! Ah, I'm so excited!". Alastor was racing through the meeting room as he made everything look more appealing to the naked eye. There was a little creature helping him cleaning the house. It had a long, thin, needle-like body. Assuming it was a she according to the fact it was wearing a vintage dress. Jhin, who peacefully sat onto one of the couches, took a closer look at the tiny creature. The dress took his attention in an instant. "Hmm, Pilthoven fashion", he thought to himself. The wide pink skirt and the puffy white top gave it away. It fitted with the style of Alastor's clothing. She had short red, almost pink, hair with a stoke of yellow on one of the sides. The thing that crept Jhin out the most was definitely the fact she only had one eye instead of two. "Nifty darling, can you light up the fireplace?", Alastor asked joyfully. She nodded and rushed over to the fireplace. Lighting it up with ease.

  All of their heads then suddenly turned to the giant doors in the back as they slowly opened. Showing off two men. One fully green, and the other in black and white. "Wait... There are two..?", Nifty asked with a hint of confusion in her high-pitched voice. Alastor hummed, "Yes! And if I'm not mistaken, you two must be Darkiplier and Antisepticeye. Welcome!". Both Anti and Darkeplier looked at each other, then they moved back to the red silhouette. "Why are we here and what do you want?", Darkiplier asked the man with an annoyed voice. Alastor put his hands together and started to speak with a lot of body language. "Pfft, drama queen", Jhin thought to himself as he rolled his eyes. Already done with everything about this. He tried his best to focus back on the book he was reading. "All of you are here for entertainment! I, Alastor, will be your host throughout this journey. More information will follow soon withing the next days. Stay tuned~". Nifty was clapping out of excitement as her only eye was sparkling with joy. "Well, then we are leaving. I have better things to do", Darkiplier spat with annoyance once again. A grin crept up onto Jhin's face. Knowing they will be told the same as Alastor told him yesterday. "Ah, gentlemen... I'm afraid I can't let that happen...". Alastor's voice grew deep and hollow. His eyes now glowing redder than ever. His head moved a bit to the side as a wide, sharp smile was glued onto his face. Pointy yellow teeth breaking out of his pale, white, paper skin. The absence changing in the meeting room from friendly towards demonic. Jhin looked up from his book to see their facial expressions. The two men, who were still standing in the doorway, noticed as well that leaving wasn't really an option. Anti sighed. "Fine!", he spat, "Then let's, you know, do something like.... Pumpkin carving! Yeah, that's fun!". Darkiplier was done with this green glitch bitch and sat down on the couch next to Jhin. He watched as Alastor helped Anti with gathering supplies for the pumpkin. They left the room and once the doors closed both Jhin and Darkiplier were left alone in the, now, quiet room. There was a clock or two ticking in the background. Making the scene a bit awkward yet relaxing. Darkiplier then moved his eyes towards the male sitting next to him. Jhin, who tried his best to read further, could feel his eyes poking in his skin. It started to annoy him after a few seconds. Jhin was actually curious who the two mysterious men were. But he just wanted some peace after what happened yesterday.

 "So", Darkiplier started. His deep voice consuming all the air in the room. "Who are you if I may ask?". Jhin's eyes were locked onto the book. After a few seconds or what he gave the man a reply. "Jhin", he said. Knowing using his fake name wouldn't help in this situation. Darkiplier hummed. Again, filling the room with his hollow voice. "I'm Darkiplier as you could already assume. But you can just call me Dark". His voice seemed calm and friendly. something Jhin could work with... For now.

 Silence started to fill the room once more. As Jhin continued to read further he reached out to a cup of tea Nifty has given him before the two men entered this mansion. His lips on the edge, taking a small sip from the so-called 'English Tea'. A sense of curiousness was pumping through his veins though. These two men looked human, even tho they didn't seem human. "Just like everyone else in this mansion", Jhin thought rolling his eyes imaginatively as he placed the cup down on a stand next to the couch. "But Dark", Jhin began. His voice overtopping the one from Dark somewhat. "What are you to be exact?". Now making eye contact with him. Dark wrinkled his nose. "Well, I am someone's shadow. And you?". Even though Jhin was stuck with as many questions as that Dark was. He still wasn't a fan of these childish conversations. Tho, he still replied. "I am still human, though everyone called me the 'Golden Demon' where I come from". The name 'Golden Demon' stuck in Dark's mind. Like a piece of gum underneath a school table. Dark sensed something in this so-called 'Jhin'. This so-called 'Golden Demon'. It was something unique he couldn't lay his finger on.

 "Would you like some tea, gentlemen?". It was Nifty who popped right in front of us with a porcelain kettle filled with the hot substance. It matched Jhin's teacup. The two men both agreed on the fact that a good cup of tea was never a bad idea. And so, Nifty gave them what she offered. "Maybe this wasn't so bad after all", Jhin thought. Almost burning his lips by the hot tea.