We're not telling anyone.

The flames danced at first light and already Tia and Jordan were sitting around cooking sausages on the open fire. I crawled out of my tent, leaving Liam sleeping peacefully and joined them on the logs.

I wanted to ask Tia everything, how she told him, what he said, how he reacted but I felt too awkward to bring it up so instead I sat quietly, watching as he overcooked the meat.

"We're not telling anyone." She finally said, making Jordan look up from his food. I nodded in affirmative right away.

"She knows?" He asked with wide eyes. Tia gave him an expression that said 'duh' but that only made his face screw up in annoyance. "But you won't let-" He started to complain before Tia cut him off.

"We're not telling anyone." She ordered again.

"Um... congratulations?" I said slowly, Jordan gave me a half smile and from his mood I couldn't gauge his thoughts on Tia's pregnancy.

The atmosphere was honestly quite awkward, It seemed like I was an onlooker caught in a couples fight. They needed to process this huge news, they needed to apologize to one another for last nights argument and they needed to maturely figure out their next steps together. But there wasn't a whole lot of talking going on between them.

Zak crawled out of his tent and joined us around the campfire, he looked like a zombie first thing in the morning. His hair stuck up everywhere and he rubbed his tired eyes. We all went quiet and watched him place himself down opposite us.

"Don't stop on my account." He said through a raspy voice, the three of us shot each other knowing looks. "I heard your conversation yesterday on the edge of the cliff." He flicked his finger between Tia and I. "I guess you thought I was in my tent... I wasn't I was checking my phone in Jordan's car with the windows rolled down. Heard every word." He smiled smugly and then snatched the cooked sausage out of Jordan's hand and placed it between two fresh pieces of bread.

"You didn't think to stop us, knowing that the conversation was private?" Tia said with a tone.

"Thought never crossed my mind." Zak replied with sausage meat rolling around his mouth. "Actually, I turned the music off so I could hear you more clearly." Jordan spluttered a laugh but one dangerous glare from Tia had him straightening his expression.

"We're not telling anyone." She repeated her words from earlier.

"My lips are sealed." Zak said, mimicking a zip across his lips.

"About what?" Our heads all turned behind us to see Liam heading our way, he didn't look like a zombie when he first woke up. He looked radiant and fresh, it truly wasn't fair. He sat down beside me and slung his arm around my shoulders, I instantly felt warmer than the fire had allowed.

"Nothing." Tia spat out abruptly.

"Have you two made up now?" Liam asked with a mocking tone. The question instantly made everyone, except Liam tense. We all looked at one another with secretive glances again.

"Mmhmm." Jordan mumbled, really focusing on the sausages.

Minutes past by, minutes of awkward atmosphere and tension. Everyone communicating with facial expressions that Liam couldn't follow or understand. I could feel in his body language that he was getting irritated or tense.

"What's going on with everyone?" He finally asked.

"Nothing." We all replied at the same time like a choir of voices. Liam dropped his arm from my body and shuffled away from me a few inches. He rubbed the back of his neck.

I hated how uncomfortable we were making him feel, I hated feeling like they dragged me into something that entailed me lying to Liam, or at least hiding the truth from him. I couldn't bare it so I made an excuse to leave, claiming I needed to use the bathroom.