#17 THE TATTOO.

"Liv, I'm not drinking tonight so I want them keys." Lola insisted.

I shoved bacon in my mouth and chewed out the sound of her voice. Reece entered the kitchen and sat beside me on the kitchen counter. I felt like I needed to be nice so I offered her the sharing plate of bacon and she gladly accepted a slice or two.

"Ruth, is Liam up?" Lola asked.

"It's Reece and he's in the shower." She rolled her eyes at Lola.

"Come on Liv." She pulled my arm forcing me to follow her.

"Lola, we can't be in his room when he comes out of the shower. I'll get them tonight" The panic in my voice was clear to hear, he would lose his shit if he came out shirtless and found us snooping through his stuff.

Lola giggled but turned his door knob anyway. The sound of running water filled the room and I could hear him whistling a tune in the shower. Lola threw her hand over her mouth so her laughing didn't make a sound.

"I'll look in the drawers." She said as she opened one and started rooting through it.

I couldn't move, my eyes just focused on the bed imagining all of the scenarios that took place there last night. I felt angry at myself for helping him get confident enough to share a bed with this girl. How she swooped in from nowhere and took my place.

"Liv, look for the keys!" Lola snapped me out of it. I glanced around the room.

"They're not here, they will be in his jacket."

The bathroom door opened and a gust of oud wood and fresh vanilla filled the room. Liam walked out through a mist of steam, thankfully fully dressed. Lola rested her elbow on the dresser hiding the open drawer and I stood awkwardly next to his bed.

"The fuck?" He asked as he eyed us suspiciously.

"Hi Liam, we were just checking if you're going fishing with the guys or if you're staying here and sun bathing with the girls?" Lola spoke in a sweet tone that made her seem anything but innocent.

He wasn't wearing his jacket. I glanced around the room one more time looking for it, he's never without it.

"What are you both up to?" He asked really slowly, looking around the room paranoid.

"Fine. You caught us." She sighed. My eyes widened and I tried telling her to shut up without using any words. "Liv wanted to ask you something." Liam turned his attention to me, watching me carefully because he could probably read the startlement on my face like it was written on a page in black and white. Lola bit back a smile and watched me with interest, I could have killed her.

"Uh... I was wondering ... uh" He rested his hand under his chin and enjoyed watching me squirm under pressure. His hidden amusement sparkled his eyes and it made my breathing hitch at how truly handsome he was. "Uh... if I could borrow the keys to your bike." I blew it and honesty fell out.

Lola pretended to slice her neck with her fingers but stopped as soon as Liam looked her way.

"You guys want my keys?" Liam asked casually and hope bubbled up inside of me, maybe this will be easier than I thought. I nodded and he laughed. A beautiful, carefree, boyish laugh. "Well now I know to keep them on me at all times because nobody drives that bike but me." He walked out of the room leaving a draft of delicious scent floating our way.

"Well done Liv." Lola said sarcastically. "I still want those keys."

***

The guys got back from their fishing trip and we all gathered around a campfire in the backyard while they turned their captures on a stick in the flames. The boys were buzzed after drinking all day in the open sea air and they found everything hilarious. It was annoying.