#15 TRUTH OR DARE.

I managed to avoid Liam and Reece for two days, it was a miracle considering we were sleeping in the same house. But I curled up in my bedroom with a good book and refused to leave. I shut out the laughter coming from downstairs and focused on the world of fantasy between the pages at my finger tips.

"Come on Olive, you can't hide away from him forever." Jordan fidgeted with the small decor items on my dresser.

"I'm not hiding from him Jordan I'm just reading a good book." I lied.

I must admit I was a little surprised to see Jordan at my door trying to force me out, for the past two nights it has been Tia and Lola. Maybe they sent Jordan because they failed at their attempt to move me.

His thumbs pressed into the small model boat on the dresser, it looked delicately made from wood and very carefully put together. Practically as soon as his heavy thumb touched it the sail snapped into two. I watched him with interest, his eyebrows raised at the broken piece and then he looked around the room. Once he found a suitable spot he dropped the boat behind a potted plant and then nodded at his accomplishment. Like hiding it sorted the problem, I shook my head in disbelief.

"How long you going to let this go on for?" He asked, jumping down on my bed beside me. I moved away uncomfortably but refused to answer his question. "She's a nice girl and all but she's not the girl for him." He continued.

"I think Liam made his choice pretty clear." I crossed my hands stubbornly and Jordan didn't look pleased.

"Liam is ... difficult." Jordan replied as if that explained all. "He doesn't do well with emotions and talking about them is just off limits. You know this." He sighed and rolled his eyes like I was the one over reacting.

"He intentionally kept Reece a secret from me, then they kissed and he lied about it. I don't want to see them together Jordan. It hurts." I admitted, feeling the tears clog behind my eyes. He waved his hand in dismissal.

"Oh those two have as much chemistry as me and Zaks grandma Sally. I mean sure, she's a lovely lady and all but I wouldn't want to kiss her when she's got her teeth out." I laughed at his unexpected comment but didn't offer a reply.

"Look Olive, I don't what is going on between Liam and Reece so I can't tell you what to do. But I do know Liam, I've known him most of his life and I can tell you that you are the most important person that has ever walked into his world. He has never let anyone else close to him. Even now I see the way he looks at you, he misses you, he's regretful. He's not happy with Reece, in fact quite the opposite. He's completely consumed by sadness.

But Liam will never tell you that. He won't admit what he's thinking or feeling. He won't apologize or ask for help. He doesn't know how to express his emotions, that's why he has meltdowns. It's just who he is.

I know that doesn't give him a free pass to lie about Reece but I don't think Liam has ever had anyone love him before. Imagine going your whole life never feeling loved and then finally you feel it and it's incredible. I know if it were me, I would do absolutely anything not to mess that up, even if it meant hiding things from you.

And for what it's worth, I don't believe he kissed her. I think he was just scared and confused. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you had no teeth - like grandma Sally, Liam would still kiss you every day and think you were the most beautiful person on this planet. So I will ask you again, are you coming downstairs Olive?" Jordan sighed when I shook my head.

He stood up and grabbed the bottom of my mattress, in a sharp movement he tilted it making the pillows and duvet fall to floor.

"Jordan stop it!" I shouted, clutching onto the ends but he kept tilting it higher and shook it to make me slide down. I clambered to the floor, finding my feet and steadying myself with the bedside table.