𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

﹙ 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖 𝙝𝙤𝙗𝙗𝙮 ﹚'ˎ˗

˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙

"good morning pothead," flora snickered pope awoke with a groan.

"don't.... talk to me," he responded, looking at the girl. flora was sat upright on the bench that kiara was sleeping on, kie's head in her lap.

"are you okay, p?" flo responded anyways.

"yeah, i'm," he pauses to sigh, "i'm okay," he concludes before walking over to jj, who was stood at the entrance of the wreck, looking outside and listening to the sounds of sirens echoing throughout the cut.

"he pinched for sure, man," jj greets.

"no," pope denied, "they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"let's hope."

"you know, we were in that car," kie says abruptly, scaring flora who didn't even know the girl was awake, "they're probably looking for us, too." she sat up.

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help john b." pope said decidedly.

"wait, i don't really wanna be an outlaw," flo adds.

jj waves her off, "so, find him before they do?" he asks as pope steals the keys out of his backpack, "pope?"

"i'm gonna get gas for the boat."

"hey, you be careful," kie says as he's halfway out the door. flora looks awkwardly between the two as pope stares kiara down and then ignores her, simply turning to jj and telling him to meet at the dock at three.

"um..." jj mumbles as kie storms after him.

"that was awkward, right?" flora asks the blonde.

"very," he nods. she stands from the bench and wraps her arms around jj's torso as he leans on the table behind him and traps her beneath his own arms. the two hug silently as flora sighs and lays her head on his chest, jj's hands rubbing her back soothingly, "is this my jacket?"

she shrugs, "you mean our jacket?" she asked playfully.

jj chuckles, "well, you know what they say."

"and what's that, oh wise one?" flora teases.

jj flushes but only slightly, not giving flora the satisfaction of seeing him completely embarrassed, "happy wife, happy life." flo snorted and lifted the side of her face off his chest and tipped her chin up to meet jj's glowing eyes staring right back at her. it felt like he could see right through her, like he was rearranging all the puzzling pieces that made up flora until they fit snuggly in place. "i would marry you, you know. you're it for me flo and once we get john b back and that damn gold, i'm going to buy you the biggest, shiniest ring you can imagine."

flora's grin nearly splits her face in half as she rocks onto her tippy toes to press a long kiss to jj's lips, feeling the love flowing through each other. "in that case," she mumbles, lips still pressed to his, "i'd say yes in a heartbeat."