- 2 -

Eric

Waking up, I immediately groan and bury my face in my pillows.
My room is filled with boxes for me to unpack, with the sole exception of my PC and headset.

I hear a quiet knock on my door and sit up, forgetting that I'm shirtless. 
"Come in." I yawn.
My roommate, Emma, opens the door and I notice that she's holding a tray with some pancakes on it. 
"I brought breakfast for you." She smiles and walks in, easily navigating the mess of boxes on my floor.
I brush a hand through my hair and pull a shirt on. "You didn't need to do that, but thanks."
She hands me the tray and yawns as well. "You need help unpacking or?"
"Nah I'm alright, but thanks." I smile and she leaves my room. Her voice vaguely reminds me of the girl I spoke to online last night, but given how many people use voice filters nowadays, that means just about nothing.

I eat my breakfast quickly and start unpacking, setting up my PC and everything before moving on to my books and clothes. Before I know it, it's nearly noon, and Emma is leaning against my open doorframe.
"Eric, are you sure you don't want some help unpacking? Or at least do you want some lunch?"
I jump at her voice, having not noticed that she's shown up. "I think I can manage, though lunch would be nice, if it'a not a problem."
She just gives me a light smile before leaving and heading to the kitchen.

I watch her leave and just think how lucky I am to have a nice roommate, as the guy I was paired with at my old school brought a new girl back every other night, and the walls there were really not soundproof. So in this situation I'm good either way, since according to Emma the rooms are soundproof, and from what Ivy's told me about her friend, Emma isn't really the type to sleep around.

My knowledge of the girl I am now living with is unfortunately limited, as Ivy was.. Ivy, and decided to tell me only the things that would help me avoid offending her. According to Ivy, Emma has recently (like, within the last year) broken up with a long time boyfriend, who turned out to be toxic as fuck and abused her. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm glad Ivy told me, since the last thing I want is to offend her in some way.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts by Emma returning with a sandwich on a plate, setting it on my desk.
"You know where I am if you want any help." She says before heading back to her own room, not giving me a chance to respond.
I just smile and eat before returning to unpacking.

Because I get distracted easily, and because I'm a stubborn ass bitch who refused my roommate's help, I end up finishing with unpacking my stuff around 6 pm.

Emma appears again at my door, and my first thought is that she's my food alarm clock (which I will never say aloud). She opens her mouth to speak and I cut her off.
"I'm done unpacking, so I will make dinner. Since you brought me both breakfast and lunch."
She chuckles and nods. "Alright."

I get up and stretch slightly before following her to the kitchen. She sits at the counter and just smirks at me. Why? I don't know. I just kinda shrug to myself and go to make food before I realize that I do not know where a single thing is. Emma laughs, which makes me realize that that was why she was smirking at me. She knows that I don't know the layout of the kitchen.

After she stops laughing, she gets up and shows me where things are. Jokingly ruffling my hair before sitting back down at the counter. I stick my tongue out at her and get to cooking.

Once I finish cooking, I bring her a plate and notice she's sketched a design from a rather popular video game.
"You play games?" I ask, handing her a plate.
"Sometimes." she smiles and murmurs a thanks before eating.

We eat in silence, but it's not uncomfortable or awkward, we've seemed to come to a silent agreement that we may not need to know each other really well, but we can still be acquaintances, and civil with each other.

After dinner, we both head to our respective rooms and I immediately head to my pc, logging in to the server I'd been on the night before. A few seconds after me, the girl I'd spoken to logs in. Seeing as her username is Raven_Moon I'll call her Raven.
Turning on the voice chat, I hear her just talking to what's clearly a twitch chat, singing 'Your New Boyfriend' to herself. 
I chuckle. "Hey stranger." I tease.
"Wolf! Welcome back." She laughs and stops singing, and I hear the familiar clicking of a keyboard in the background as she turns the music off as well.
I chuckle. "Anything new since last time I was on?"
"Nah, just a few new buildings." She finds me in game and immediately punches my character in the face.
"Ow." I say jokingly.
"Hey at least I wasn't holding my sword." She laughs.
I chuckle and nod to myself. "Fair enough."

We play for a while before she heads to bed, and I know that I'm going to be following soon after. I save and log out before turning my pc off and getting changed into a pair of sweatpants, leaving my shirt off and just curling up in bed.
I know I have class in the morning, but for some reason my thoughts flicker between my game, Emma, and Raven as I fall asleep.