sunny + pandas !

maisies point of view

"Hello to my bestest friend in the whole wide world!" I greeted Pandas as he answered our nightly call. "Ello Miss Sunny, how are you?" He imitated a british ccent, making me laugh.

"Hi Pandas." I sighed out and smiled, staring at my screen.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked. "Homework." I groaned "I have this weird essay due at midnight." I let out a breath.

"Gross." He laughed at me. "I know right?!" I smiled. "Hmm what about you? What are you doing?"

"League of Legenda, you already know." He said proudly. "You are such a nerd." I shook my head and continued typing away my essay. "Says the one doing HOMEWORK." He turned it on me.

"Well, I'm just smarter than you." I defended, giggling at my own words. "So not true!" He sassed back.

"Whatever you say." I laughed and looked through the papers on my desk, searching for notes.

"Dude, I had such a good day today." He got excited to probably describe his day as I heard him clicking around, probably still playing League.

"Oh yeah, what happened?" I sipped on a juice box my mom had given me earlier. "Well, you know that dumb stupid math teacher I have, Mrs. Phillips?"

"Yeah." I nodded, recognizing the familiar name he always ranted about.

"She got in an accident, SOOO .. she's gonna be gone for the rest of the year." He laughed.

"PANDAS THATS AWFUL TO LAUGH ABOUT???" I gasped innocently.

"Well, she's a bitch." I heard him bite into what i think was an apple. "Hey, no B words allowed." I scoffed, looking back down at my notes.

"Bitch." He repeated. "Pandas." I said in a serious tone. "Yeah, yeah whatever." I could sense he shrugged it off.

"Hmmm..." He leaned closer into his mic. "You know my family thinks you're my girlfriend?" He laughed.

"WHAT??" I laughed and shot my head up.

"Yeah, they always ask about you." He chuckled.

"What do you say?" I questioned. "That you're just some girl from my school." He explained. "Ahh, that's funny." I laughed

'Just some girl.' Ouch.

"Mmm how was your day? Did I ask that already-" He laughed and changed the subject once again.

"You did, but I didn't answer." i laughed along.

"Oh-" He paused. "Well then, how was your day lame-o?" He teased me with another insulting nickname.

"Well, assface." I laughed at the nickname I just gave him. "My day wasnt really.. that.. fun." I sighed rethinking the events, but trying to cover it up by masking my sadness with my enjoyment from talking with him.

"Oh, that sucks." He ignored it? "How come?" I then realized he might care...

"Uhh.." The scene kept replaying in my head. "So... I never told you about him but... there's this boy in my choir class.." I sighed.

"His name is Ryland.. he's one of the popular kids" I frowned. "And these girls in my class, told me he liked me." I got embarassed just from thinking about it.

"So.. at lunch, I walked up to him and asked if he wanted to go out with me and he just laughed at me with his friends.. and then one of the girls that told me he liked me, her bestfriend is dating him and I had no clue.. and then it was just embarassing and humiliating." I sighed and hid my face in the palms of my hands.

"Dude, that's so stupid." He responded. "Boys are so dumb." He sighed. "I'm sorry that happened, Sunny."

I smiled and adjusted my glasses, feeling content that he was my person to rely on. I just loved talking to him. He's everything to me.

"I don't know about them, but to me, you are so funny, and cool, and nice, and I don't even know what to say." He paused. "Honestly, I don't know Sunny, he's probably missing out on the prettiest girl at your school."

"He IS dating the prettiest girl at school." I sighed.

"He's not dating you isnt he-" He questioned, probably making me blush so hard.

"The boy that wins your heart will be the luckiest guy to live, but he'll have to get through me, of course." He chuckled, making me smile.

"Righhhhtt." I nodded. "And what are you gonna do?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Kill him if he hurts my best friend." He paused. "Duh." He finished, making me giggle. "You're so stupid." I laughed.

"But thank you." I sighed. "I really don't know what I'd do without you."

"You are welcome." He sniffed his nose. "I would do anything for you."

"Weird." I teased him.

"I'm just trying to be nice-"

"Yeah I know.. and I appreciate it a lot." I said sincerely. "You really always know what to say."

"Because I'm the best, of course."

"Sure." I scoffed and laughed it off. "Love you Pandas!" I said happily as I heard him fake gag. "Hey. Say it back." l

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too Sunny.. I guess."

"YOU GUESS??" I questioned in offense. "IM KIDDING WITH YOU!" He laughed into the call, his giggles making me smile brightly.

"You are the best." He admitted.

"Why, thank you!" I nodded, taking a deep breath and smiling since he always has that effect on me.

"I suppose you are the best too... but you might come in second because I still am the best... according to you." I laughed as he whined at me. "Whatever, Sunny."

authors note
i love their dynamic and
maisie is fictional , i hate it here

update: jan 4, 2024
i died and cried at this. this chapter is actually everything to me wow. they are so.....