Season 1: Chapter 1

Adelaide's POV

I'm Adelaide Reisel von Lascena, daughter of an infamous Duke, Duke Austin Regel von Lascena. My father was a great Duke and was a close friend of the Emperor. But then, my father was arrange married to a princess of a neighboring kingdom. Though there was a rumour that my father had a lover before my mother, he choose to marry Princess Leighny Rousel del Vough, which is my mother. 

And then I was born. My father nor mother didn't like me. The fact that I'm a girl, I might not bring honor to the family. Since there's no love between my parents, I had no siblings to expect with. .

I died at the age of 18, because I am dumb and blinded by love because if the first Prince, Alexis Scar von Ancrest. It was just this age when I tried to seduce the first prince that's why the call me "Red-eyes vixen".

I inherit the red eyes of my father and the blonde hair from my mother. Even though many people resent me, they can't just stand against me because if the power of my father.

I lay down in bed and took a deep sigh.

I will survive! I will live happily this time and then... I will be loved by someone else.

I suddenly stood up as soon as my room's door opened and saw my mother entering my room.

"Miss, your mother, the Duchess is here" Lina said

I immediately stood up and paid my respect by bowing.

"Greetings, Duchess" I said

"I'm glad you're okay.."

To my great surprise, I looked at my mother even though I was still bowing.

It was my first time hearing such things in my mom.

"Y-Yes, I must've been cared by you while I was sick" I stammered

"Not really, by the way you should be dressed by now. I heard Prince Alexis will attend to the party later."

The old me must be very excited hearing this but now... I shouldn't bother the prince. I must not force him to love me.

"What's wrong dear, aren't you happy you have a chance to see the prince?" she asked in confusion

My... I suddenly remember that I was banned from coming to the palace because I was so persistent to bother the prince while he was in duty. I pity myself though, I was head over heels in Alexis back then.

"Was that important?" I said

"Pardon?" mother asked

"Being with my mother was more valuable than to see the prince." I said

Her face was shocked and seemed to be flustered. I can see her teary eyes from within.

"My daughter..." she said while shedding tears

I walk closer to her and hand her my handkerchief. I smiled to her and she was left in dazed while wiping her tears.

"Don't cry mother, if you will cry you will become ugly." I teased

My mother was once a cheerful and kind person. But when she fall in love with father and didn't get any love returned to her, she became cold especially to me. But now, I will give the love she deserves.

I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me. I hugged her back while I was in my tears too.

"Please forgive me for treating you badly, my daughter. I promise from now on, I'll be the best mother to you."

"Mother..."

I shed some tears of joy. I feel so much better. Her embrace is warm and comfortable. I wish it could last forever, me and my mother.

The hug stopped and she hold both of my hands.

"From now on, call me mom." she said

"Yes mom!" I smiled

"Go and get yourself ready, I'm sure we will withstand the beauties in the palace. " she winked at me

I smiled widely as I waved my hands towards her since she's leaving my room.

"Lina..."

"Yes, Miss" Lina answered

"Prepare my best dress, I will do what my mom's says"

"Yes Miss" she said in a smile

I flipped my hair while looking at my reflection on the mirror.

Thanks to the beauty of my parents, I, too, inherited their beautiful faces. No doubt, I was one of the most beautiful woman in the palace but not until my sister, Ivellina came.

She stole all that is mine including the person that I loved. But I can't let that happen again. I will be happy this time.

"Is it done?" I asked

"Yes Miss" Lina replied

I looked at the mirror and I was amazed by my own charm.

"Well done" I said happily while keep on twisting.

"Miss is acting strange these days but she seemed to be more beautiful" Lina said

I smiled as I heard that. I was clumsy back then to bully the maids and always throwing tantrums. But I have learned my mistakes.

"I'm sorry to what I've done before to all of you. I promise that I will change." I said happily

I saw them in tears and the others were crying.

"M-Miss...."

"Our miss is an angel..."

Yes, a fallen angel to be exact!

"Don't you worry Miss, we will always be at your side!" said Monica

I smiled bitterly knowing that these maids including Lina will be the maids of Ivellina in the future. For now, I must steal their loyalty to me so that in the future, they will stay by my side.