Season 1: Chapter 11

Adelaide's POV

I am now in the village where ordinary people or better known as 'commoners' lives. My mom told me to choose a sword that I would use to sparring with her so I came here to buy some.

I should just rely on other people to buy a sword for me but I prefer that I am the one who should choose the sword I will use. So I disguised myself as a commoner and dressed normally. I rode the carriage and later on get off at 'Oreta City. This city is the closest commoner city to the mansion.

Oreta City is also the best known of all the cities throughout Laczero Empire. There are many shops and stalls to be found here, it is also often visited by aristocrats to shop and take a walk.

As I got out of the carriage I looked around the city. 

It's been a while since I got here.

I smile as I feel nostalgic about this place and it stays the same. This is my date place with Alexis and.. this is where I got executed with him.

Argh, I should've think about it right now! My purpose here was to buy my sword!

As I walked I could not help but wander my eyes at every shop around me. There are bakeries, various dress stores, coffee shops and more.

Because I was in disguise, I do not look far from the commoners but the problem is the color of my hair. Blonde hair is rare in this country, it is because I inherit the color of my hair from my mom and my mom is from another country.

In a few moments I reached an Armor shop next door. I peeked inside the shop and was amazed at how well the swords were made there. I immediately opened the door. The store keeper noticed me and immediately spoke.

"This place is not a toy shop young lady" he grunted and exhaled smoke from his cigarette

"No problem, I'm going to buy a sword" I replied with a smile

This old dude is insulting me!

"Tsk, buy whatever you want. I already warned you" he uttered

Whatever..

I looked closely at the swords arranged there. There are thick blades, there are thin ones.

Hmmm, I don't know what kind of sword did my Wind Sword strike has but I think it has a slimmer blade.

"Mister, do you sell a sword that is slimmer than the blades of the other swords here? " I asked

He exhaled the smoke of his cigarette before answering me.

"You mean a katana?" he answered

"Katana?" I asked in confusion

He stood up from his seat and then walk to the corner part of the store.

"Katana is a sword from the East. Their blade is slimmer than an average sword but much sharper."

From a rectangular box, he handed out a slim bladed sword and present it to me.

"It is a sword basically used in assassinating people, are you interested young lad---"

He stopped from asking when he saw my eyes sparkling. And I was obviously excited to use that sword.