Chapter 8: I'm not a bitch

Heyyyy.

So it's been a really long time. I really want to thank @AnnieSwift7. Your kind messages is what motivated me to continue this, even though it took a REALLY long time. Sorryyyy. It's a bit on the short side, but I need to get my groove back.

XXXXXXXXX

The next couple of minutes were a blur.

Josephine kept asking me if I was sure, while Lorenzo had a faraway look in his eyes. The guy inside my head kept bugging me about calling him a thing by using the word 'it', but I didn't really care.

All I wanted was to leave. I had gone from being the captive of my ex and his business, to being the captive of some genetically deranged wolf/humans. I didn't want to stay, I just wanted to finally be able to do what ever the fuck I wanted.

I was brought out of my thoughts when someone else entered the room. I was instantly on edge, ready to bolt.

It was the doctor it appeared, though I had to guess because he was dressed casually. The only give away was the stethoscope he was carrying around his neck.

I didn't like that. Doctors usually meant I would get drugged or a dangerous shot of pain killers.

"I will not let anything happen to little one." I guess that was kind of reassuring.

I kept my eyes fixed of the doctor while he spoke quietly with Lorenzo, before slowly walking towards me and Josephine and sitting down next to her.

"Hello Luna, I am doctor William. Do you mind if I ask you a couple of question?"

"I don't like them calling us Luna, they need to stop." I just nodded instead. What on earth is wrong with my name?

He smiled in response. What's with everyone here smiling all the time?

"Am I right to assume you have completely healed now?"

"Sure." I answered uninterested. At least that's how I tried to look. I was completely freaked out. I don't like doctors, and an imaginary voice telling me I'd be fine inside my head was not great assurance.

"That's not very nice, calling me imaginary and all..."

You're not exactly physical though are you? Having a real bodyguard would have been more practical. Yes, a pet giant wolf lashing out at my demand would have been more practical.

"Is that what you want? That's fine, just let me take over."

What does that even mean?

Wait, I am zoning out. By the time my focus was back on the doctor I realised he had turned to the big guy conveniently still blocking my escape route. "...communicating with the bitch is important, we should let her sort out her thought for a bit."

"Did that quack just a call me a bitch again?"

Shut up. I need to know what's happening.

"It's fiiiiine. What are you so scared of anyway?"  Is that even a serious question? Do you need a fucking list? Grumbling resounded in my mind. I ignored it and instead focused on the two men leaving the room. Great!

But there were still eyes focused in on me. I turned my head to the girl, Josephine. She looked tired, sad, but almost resigned. "We're going to leave you alone now." My entire face lit up, which seemed to discourage her even more, but I wasn't that kind of people-pleaser so whatever. She sighed before continuing. "Feel free to do whatever you want. If you need anything, ask anyone, they'll be happy to help." With that she offered one last forced smile before standing up and starting to leave.

I'm not sure what came over me, had I lost all manners of my hard earned common sense? I asked: "what if I try to leave?"

Shock was written all over her pretty face. I could literally see the wheels turning behind her forehead. The smirk that was then displayed by her lips was surprisingly cute, I had never seen anyone make that kind of expression with what I could only describe a pure goodwill, almost childlike excitement.

"Well...you can try, I can promise no one will try to stop you. At least...no other person." With that I was offered one last genuine grin before she skipped out the door, not before stumbling over a what seems to be her own legs and turning bright red mind you.

What kind of ominous warning was that?

"Don't worry about it." Haaa, guess I had no choice but to agree with the imaginary voice. So, how do I escape?  "Ha! You think I'd help you?" Bitch.

XXXXXX

Josephine

The moment I walked out the front door I was greeted by the Alpha waiting patiently against the house wall with his arms crossed, doctor William was walking away from him. I calmly walked up to him, he was known to be strict, but cared a lot about the pack and his people, even though it had not been long since he became our leader.

"What if she does try and leave?" The agitation in his tone was something I was not prepared for. Granted, I didn't know him well, but I had never seen him be anything but composed.

"You know that her wolf would never let her leave."

"Her wolf...". Lorenzo moved his thumb and index finger to the bridge of his nose, a move that should mean he was at a loss, but that seemed very out of character. This won't do, he needs to cheer up, this was a joyous occasion.

"Even if by some grand scheme of the moon, her wolf does hate you, which I don't believe, he wouldn't let her leave the safety that a pack presents." My words seemed to have the opposite effect of reassuring him, instead his brows knit together in a distressed manner. Shoot.

"If he hates me..."

"Why would he hate you!" I was getting desperate. Although seeing my Alpha like this was something my mind could not wrap itself around, my wolf was getting restless. Damn, she's going to make me cry again. "I'm sure he just knows his human best and doesn't want to overwhelm her more than she already is, maybe he's doing us a favour by averting a greater catastrophe then we could even imagine". He sighed, my reasoning seemed to have little to no effect. What could I say?

"Did she tell you stuff...about her?" Yes! This I could do! My initial enthusiasm was dimmed though when I realised he had probably heard all that was said considering the infirmary was not soundproof.

Suddenly his eyes snapped to something behind me. I turned around and when I noticed him, the hairs on my back stood up, I wasn't even in wolf form. What did Christopher want? Add to our Alphas dilemma? I was about to scold him -how out of character- but was interrupted by Lorenzo. "Alright, you can go."

"What is it?"

I deliberately walked away very slowly, but Christopher was conveniently waiting until I was out of earshot to start talking.

I never like him.