1

Jungkook POV

"Taehyung, I asked for that video edit two days ago!" Damien yelled as he stormed through the intern common office. My desk mate jolted in his seat across from me as he cursed under his breath, fingers diligently typing faster as he widened his eyes in panic.

"S-sorry sir! I'll be d-done by the end of the day... I swear!" he exclaimed.

I watched as Damien hovered over Taehyung with a terrifying glare, hands on his hips as he tapped his foot disapprovingly. Our boss was very intimidating with his parted raven hair and clean cut navy suit. Even though he was average height and medium build, he had a sharp jawline and fierce cheekbones. His mature look fooled many people into thinking he was older than his thirty two years.

"It had better be in my email inbox by 5:00pm. Otherwise... don't even bother showing up to the station tomorrow!" our boss shouted with knit eyebrows.

I ducked my head as Damien glanced in my direction briefly before strutting off to his huge corner office, barking out more orders as he went. Damien may come across as rude, but I knew deep down that he wanted everything to be perfect. I hesitantly met Taehyung's eyes as I offered him a small smile which he returned gratefully.

"Man, it's going to take a miracle to finish this in time..." he sighed dejectedly as he rubbed his face harshly. In contrast to our boss, Taehyung was lean, had dark brown wavy hair, was pretty tall as well, and was dressed in a dark grey suit. We were both closer in age, but Taehyung was older by a couple of years.

"Do you need any help?" I asked quietly as I scanned his disheveled state sympathetically. Taehyung sat up straight, cocking his head to the side with a confused look on his face. "I mean I already finished my work for the rest of the month," I added as I flipped through the different tabs on my computer web browser.

"What?! H-how?! I mean we- we're not even three days into the month and y-you already-" He cut himself off abruptly as he stared at me in utter disbelief. I looked away as I continued working on next month's project, determined to impress our CEO.

"Uh...yeah..." I admitted bashfully as I kept my eyes glued to the screen.

"I envy you, JK."

"What, why?" I asked in shock as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're so good at everything!" he huffed as he hunched over at his desk, desperately searching his computer for something. "Clearly you were made for this business..."

"Oh...um thanks. B-but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it too," I replied as I inserted a few company pictures into the new video I was working on.

"Doubtful..." Taehyung said with a bitter smile. "I mean at this point, I'll have to work through lunch and skip my breaks in order to get this done. And that's if I don't screw things up!" I bit back a laugh as I watched him grumble to himself as he worked.

"Well just let me know if you need any help, hyung."

"I will..." he groaned.

Time skip (4 hours)

"Do you want me to bring back anything while I'm out, Tae hyung?" I asked as I put on my suit jacket and grabbed my wallet from my desk drawer.

"No, food will only distract me. I'm good, Jungkook." I nodded as I pocketed my phone and wallet, before heading towards the elevator.

I worked on the 7th floor of the 12 story office building, so it always took a while for the elevator to reach my level. With any luck, it wouldn't be crowded today. I've been experimenting since I started this job a couple months ago, to figure out the best time to leave for lunch. So far I had determined that 10 minutes prior to lunch was no good, so I decided to start leaving slightly after 12:30pm.