6

Time skip (3 days)

Jungkook POV

I was sitting at my desk, fiddling around with my pen as I thought back to the conversation I had with Jimin hyung Friday night after dinner.

Flashback

"Wow. That was literally the best gimbap I've ever eaten!" Jimin hyung beamed as we pulled up to the curb in front of the TV station, my car right behind us.

"Right?! It's seriously better than my mom's! Wait, don't tell her I said that!" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Oh, I'm so telling!"

"Hyung~!" I whined with a pout, my eyes pleading at him. Jimin hyung chuckled as he got out and jogged around his car to open the door for me.

"Don't worry your secret's safe with me, Jungkookie," he assured as I stepped out, his hands immediately ruffling my hair. I felt myself blush when I saw his eye smile and I mentally slapped myself to keep from staring. "Oh wow, I didn't even know we were out that long! It's nearly 9 already."

"I g-guess it is," I said as I gazed down at the time displayed on his phone.

"Well, I should let you get home now. Make sure you drive carefully, okay?" I suddenly felt conflicted by his words. On the one hand I appreciated the sentiment and liked that he cared about my safety, but on the other... I was reminded of my older brother saying that to me whenever he knew I was driving late at night.

Did Jimin hyung think of me like that?! As just a younger brother? He did mention earlier today that his younger brother had panic attacks quite often. Maybe I remind him too much of his brother for him to even consider liking me! Although I'm not really that much of a catch to begin with. I stutter a lot...I'm kinda nerdy....and I get flustered so easily. Plus he's like totally out of my league...

I pushed those awful thoughts to the back of my mind as I met his gaze, my co-worker looking up at me expectantly. I cleared my throat as I finally opened my mouth to respond.

"...I-I will and t-thank you, hyung. I had a r-really great time."

"Oh you're just saying that because you got a free meal out of me~" Jimin hyung teased with a wink as he nudged my shoulder playfully.

"N-no!" I exclaimed with pink cheeks as I frowned at him. "T-that's not t-true...

"It isn't?"

"No. I just- uh, I enjoy...s-spending time...um, with you..." I mumbled shyly, losing my resolve the longer we made eye contact.

"Aww. Do you really like me that much?" he asked as he leaned in slightly, a small smirk on his plump lips.

YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Yes.

"I-I, um..." I internally groaned in frustration that I couldn't get the words out. My brain was screaming at me to just answer truthfully, but my mouth refused to function properly. I got even more anxious when I saw the way he was looking at me, his beautiful hazel eyes piercing through my soul. "I-I..." I continued to struggle speaking when I was interrupted by Jimin hyung's soft voice.

"I'm only teasing. Aish, you're too cute~!" my hyung cooed as he ruffled my hair again. I noticed, what seemed to be, a flash of hurt on his face at my hesitance and my heart clenched at the sight. AHH, why is it so hard to just be honest with my feelings?! He makes it look so easy. I sighed as I looked down shyly. "And I enjoy spending time with you too, Jungkookie," Jimin hyung added softly.