8

Jungkook POV

After we finished looking over the menu and picking out which meal we were going to order, Jimin hyung called his mother back over to the table. I instantly shrunk back in my seat shyly as she walked over to us, holding a notebook and pen in her hands.

It wasn't that she was a scary person, in fact she was very sweet and had very soft features. But just knowing that she was Jimin's mother made me nervous. I wanted to make a good impression and it's hard to do that when I keep 'clamming up' as my older brother calls it.

"Are you two boys ready to order?" his mom asked with a bright smile.

"Yes. Could I please have the garden salad with the vegetable soup please, eomma?" Jimin hyung requested as he looked up at his mother.

"Of course sweetheart. Would you like anything to drink?"

"Um, just water will be fine."

"Okay and what can I get for you?" I peaked up at her from under my lashes as I bit my lower lip. After I took a couple of deep breaths, I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I puffed out my cheeks in frustration as I glued my eyes to the table. "Aww, he's a little shy~" Mrs. Park cooed. I immediately looked to the red haired male across from me as I silently pleaded for him to help me out.

"It's okay, Jungkookie. Just tell me what you want," Jimin hyung offered as he held out his hand. I gave him a small smile as I handed him my menu and pointed to the meal. "He'll have the club panini... with fries?" he stated unsurely. I nodded my head slowly as I fiddled with my fingers under the table. "Do you want water too?" I nodded my head again as I mustered up the courage to look at his mother with a smile.

"Okay, I'll get that for you right now," she grinned as she retrieved the menus from her son and left to go put in our order. As soon as she was out of sight, I let out a sigh as I stared at the table.

You can't even talk now?! Nice going Jungkook...

I shook my head at my thoughts as I dared to meet Jimin's gaze. He simply smiled at me warmly before he reached across the small table to ruffle my hair. I felt my cheeks turn pink at the gesture, but it also managed to somehow calm my nerves at the same time. All my anxiety instantly washes away the moment he touches me. I was about to close my eyes when my coworker suddenly spoke up after a long minute.

"Better?" Jimin hyung asked, his hand continuing to massage my scalp gently. I nodded with a shy smile as I hummed contently at the contact, both of my eyes fluttering shut. I heard him chuckle at my reaction as he started to move his hand away and I quickly opened them again with a pout. "What?" he asked with a knowing smile.

"........"

"You have to use your words, Jungkookie."

"....I-I...I don't..." I paused for a second to gather myself, my eyes glancing up at him briefly before they settled on the table. "...I d-don't want you to s-stop," I finished shyly. There were several seconds of silence before my coworker responded.

"Does it really calm you that much?" he questioned. I just nodded as I hesitantly lifted my head, trying my best to maintain eye contact. "Okay then," he said softly.

I watched as Jimin hyung got up suddenly and I gave him a questioning look as he walked around to my side of the table. Before I could even say anything, he sat down in the booth beside me. A faint blush spread across my cheeks at his closeness, but I was beyond thrilled to have him next to me. My heart skipped a beat as Jimin hyung rested his elbow on the back of the bench, his fingers finding their way into my brown locks again.